• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cream of the crap!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't know about DAL, but I've heard it often said that ASA has it in their contract to have a dedicated van (as in not to share). I have never, ever, seen an ASA crew ditch another airline crew. These days we are trying to give away resume's to every other airline around.

But, in defense of the one crew per van concept, it is frustrating when three airlines crews are climbing over each other to the back seat and usually one airline has a 15 minute later duty in, so they decide to make everyone 20 minutes late after they get their coffee. Also the odds of a Flight Attendant over sleeping seem to go up exponentially with each additional airline on the bus.

If the Hotel is paid for the transportation and the deal stipulates a van per crew, then they should provide the service they are paid to provide. Holding up one flight for a sleepy crew member is one thing, holding up every departure from the airport is another. With the pay and conditions now prevalent in our profession - some are deciding it is not worth it to be professionals, we have all seen them.

So, if someone does not wait for my crew I grab a cab and expense it. No big deal. I fly for a frugal carrier, so it seems like you guys on the Majors board could come up with cab fare and probably get it reimbursed even quicker than the average guy. After 15 minutes, my crew is riding - period. No sense getting angry an over something that costs less than $5 a person.

Do you really believe that ASA is going to pay extra for their crews to have a van for there own use??? Thanks I needed a good laugh!!

Depends on my range. Within 1000meters I can read a name badge, verify seniority of target and move up one number. I've just been holding off until the list is integrated.

Actually, with what's going on around here who knows if I'll even be working in a couple of months. This is why I've been hittin' on your sister, got to get me a letter.

Landed in RSW one time, fo went home so I go to hotel alone. Call for van and wait 35 minutes Van show up as Delta CREW is walking out of the terminal. I have already boarded the van in the front seat. when the captain chimes in and say this van is for Delta crews Only. I SAY," NOT REALLY SINCE I CALLED 30 SOME MINUTES AGO". He then say Delta crews Don't have to ride with others, they are supposed to get their own van. I politely said your more than welcome to ride with me or you can wait for the next van I don't mind either way. I then saw the FA's snicker and it became a quit ride to the hotel.

Depends on my range. Within 1000meters I can read a name badge, verify seniority of target and move up one number. I've just been holding off until the list is integrated.
:laugh: :laugh:
Good one!

Actually, with what's going on around here who knows if I'll even be working in a couple of months. This is why I've been hittin' on your sister, got to get me a letter.
The only thing that's going to get you is a trip to the doctor's office!:laugh: :blush:
If you want to work for DL, you'll have to get at least a high school diploma!:smash:

Ask the AA crew that we were snuggled up to in a van with in DCA earlier this week about DL sharing a van. 4 pilots, 6 FA's, one van of wonderful aviation bonding. We dont just share a van... we get close! Of course with me being the rookie, I ended up hanging one cheek off the back seat and one cheek on the wheel well.

Got that and more. Even had career where I worked with lots of strange symbols... non-airline symbols G.L., man you got a one track mind.

As for my letter, I was gonna' date the General's sister, but after her Flavor of Love appearance she went all "hollywood" on me. I don't mind too much, but her nails are gettin so long she can't even drive herself home from my house anymore.

Got that and more. Even had career where I worked with lots of strange symbols... non-airline symbols G.L., man you got a one track mind.

As for my letter, I was gonna' date the General's sister, but after her Flavor of Love appearance she went all "hollywood" on me. I don't mind too much, but her nails are gettin so long she can't even drive herself home from my house anymore.

Why would anyone have to drive home from your house? You could just move your trailer to their part of the world!
Don't you just hook it up to your 72 ford pickup and put air in the tires?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's all about helping each other out. About 9-10 months ago in Columbus, we were waiting on a van. One driver said he was waiting for XXX airline. These were private companies but it still had our limo name on the side. He refused to take us. An AWA crew was in the next van over and offered us a ride to our hotel. Of course we said yes.

Best part of all is one of the AWA F/A's (female and cute) rode on my lap all the way to the downtown hotel. The AWA captain even remarked that the smile never left my face all the way to the hotel...

I've known 2 people that were in accidents...both wearing seat belts. One seriously injured. It probably would have been worse w/ a flight attendant (even a cute one) on his lap. No seat belt...I don't ride.

Ask the AA crew that we were snuggled up to in a van with in DCA earlier this week about DL sharing a van. 4 pilots, 6 FA's, one van of wonderful aviation bonding. We dont just share a van... we get close! Of course with me being the rookie, I ended up hanging one cheek off the back seat and one cheek on the wheel well.
Dang, boy, I didn't even know you'd GONE to DAL, congrats!

Hope you're enjoying it! See you on a commute some time when you swing through BaNanAville. :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back