• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cream of the crap!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I support van segregation. These are airline professionals who have the right to remain well-rested, focused and stress-free as much as possible.
How many times have you gotten in the van before the sun rises, only to be crammed in with a low cost crew who are late and then start yammering like it's the shank of the day? The Captain has no authority over this crew, their own Captain is too wet behind the ears to know proper van ediquette.
Wow...I'd say you're probably one of the "10%" every company supposedly has...

Iv had this happen at couple of places over the years and the simple solutions is to be a bit more forceful, just get in van and make them wait.

I support van segregation. These are airline professionals who have the right to remain well-rested, focused and stress-free as much as possible.
How many times have you gotten in the van before the sun rises, only to be crammed in with a low cost crew who are late and then start yammering like it's the shank of the day? The Captain has no authority over this crew, their own Captain is too wet behind the ears to know proper van ediquette.

I am hoping there was a great deal of sarcasim intended with your message. If not then you must be in that 10% we are all saddled with. And for matter if riding to the airport with the rest of us common folks causes you stress might I suggest a career change. You must be wrapped way too tight for Aviation.

This happened to me as a saab fo at mesaba: we get to Rapid City right after a dc-9 crew, capt goes out to see the van driver in the terminal, driver tells him them the nwa crew won't ride with us, the mesaba capt. too puss* to march out to the van and get on board, we get left behind for over an hour...
I got out there in time to see it drive off...

I looked for the nwa capt. in the bar at the radisson...would have been worth wasting a beer to dump it on him....
Woe to the next mainline prick who does this to me...hope you like your 0300 wake-up, and the piss in the garbage can on your door, or the bitchslap you may get...but wait, it's only mainline pilots who get arrested at nwa...harrr!

Why hasn't GL, FDJ2 or 737Pylt weighed in on this issue.... Oh, right, probably cause their the ones trying to keep the rest of us off their van.

Why hasn't GL, FDJ2 or 737Pylt weighed in on this issue.... Oh, right, probably cause their the ones trying to keep the rest of us off their van.

To his credit 737Pylt did weigh in on the first page.

Because they are waiting unhappily on some airport curb at this very moment.

This happened to me as a saab fo at mesaba:quote]

It's just the way it is. Don't take it personally. Someday you may be in a position to understand the importance of crew segregation and how it affects your company. I can't spend 5-10 minutes waiting on another crew or expect my crew to be subjected to intimate body contact for a 20 minute van ride to your Microtel resort...just to 'take one for the team'.

Last edited:
It is amazing how flight crews from different airlines treat each other as total strangers! C'mon..we are all on the same team. If you can count on anyone at an outstation it is your fellow crew!

Here are the advantages....

You can tell and hear the best stories about crews at other airlines.

Going out to eat with other crews is a blast. So much in common yet so much to talk about.

If you are single.. (not me!) some of the best booty calls are with other crews!

I hope when this industry picks up we don't go back to my brand is better than your brand...

I've seen SWA and Delta crews in the same van. Sounds like a bogus exucse from a lazy van driver.

Rode in the same van with a Delta crew in MHT about a year ago. The F/O was a great guy, the Capt seemed "disconnected" and ( as we found out later that evening) the F/A's ROCKED !!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back