• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Courtesy commentary for Lakes and Express Jet crew-members

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know one of my pet peeves? People who have a negative comment about everything, and who generally know nothing.

EVERYONE transgresses a bitter period or collapses to the simplistic solution of adopted negativity in their career. To say they know "nothing" is judgmental and equally disrespecting.

Bricktop, I don't like you. I'm just giving you a courtesy commentary so that you know that and maybe can change so that I will one day like you.

Ladies, gentlemen; I am not a a witch hunt or a journey to improve my sense of self worth or prize my airline as a place of superior professionalism or elitist membership. I am humbly passing word that these two operations have epic proportions of attitude problems that have earned them reputations among the industry.

As a tolerant person I take pride in my profession. I rarely if ever am one to point a finger or shake a stick at a person who is suffering from self identifying or finding contentment in their life. But when their attitude injects itself into the workplace and results in the contamination of the operation by disrespect of their co-workers/industry counterparts, enough is enough. Grow up.

Most of us have been in this industry now long enough to weather the "new hire arrogance." It is time to grow up. More important act like aviation professionals. Courtesy and professionalism yields an amazing amount of respect and productivity and apparently it was lost in training or youth someone along their career. If they or you are content with maintaining their reputations of being jerks, punks and children then so be it. They've earned it. Good luck employing the attitude in your career and see what reward and respect from their counterparts it brings. But don't expect others to tolerate it.

Brick, I for one respect your opinion and actually agree wholly with it. You're a humble and tolerant person who only seeks to help out the pilot community positively. A lot of folks on FI are true curmudgeons and simply cant understand your helpful message. It's absolutely unacceptable the behavior you describe and I have quietly felt this way as well. I refrain from saying much of it, because frankly, I dont have the nerve you clearly do to exact some change in professional standards.

I hope one day you'll get to hand-fly a Boeing or Airbus, because frankly, you deserve it. Youre a true professional and shouldn't be stuck flying commuter aircraft laden with rif-raf pilot types.

Best,

J.O.

EVERYONE transgresses a bitter period or collapses to the simplistic solution of adopted negativity in their career. To say they know "nothing" is judgmental and equally disrespecting.

Can you at least admit that your experience seeing me in my full unprofessionalism is purely anecdotal?

Last edited:
Examples are; Eating in front of customers, wearing sunglasses inside terminals, baggy or un-tucked uniforms, un-ironed shirts, dirty pants and stained yellow shirts, lack of verbal or communicative respect for gate agents/passengers/or ground workers, wearing headphones while walking in uniform, not introducing yourselves to an offline carrier crews on jump-seat or non-revenue flights. Not communicating professionally and respectfully during radio operations i.e. (Interrupting/yelling/insulting ramp coordinators or other crews) Please practice proper radio and communication edict.

1. Eating in front of customers: If I am hungry, I will eat. This is a requirement of all earthly organisms.

2. Wearing Sunglasses in terminals: This is stupid, unless it's really bright in the terminal.

3. Baggy and untucked uniforms: I haven't seen this much. I wouldn't care if it were baggy. I don't like seeing guys in form fitting clothes (personal preference).

4. Wrinkled shirts: On leg number 6 of the same day, it's hard to keep it pressed, even with super starch.

5. Dirty pants and stained yellow shirts: I have not seen this much, but the thought is disgusting.

6. Lack of verbal respect for others: We deal with a lot of people who need firm verbal direction. While this tack is not pleasant, it is often a last attempt at extracting a desirable outcome from substandard performers.

7. Wearing headphones while walking in uniform: I have seen this occasionally. It is rare. It does look out of place.

8. Not introducing yourselves to offline carrier crews on jump seat or non-revenue flights: Who cares. Sit down and shut up. I am busy dealing with the slovenly dressed, arrogant, verbally abusive, headphone wearing dolt sitting next to me in the cockpit, who is stuffing a giant cheeseburger in his face in front of the passengers...

Anyone who is offended by someone posting their opinion about the lack of professionalism in our lifelong career is an idiot.

Latest resources

Back