• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Courtesy commentary for Lakes and Express Jet crew-members

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I witness in Philly Usairways and SW pilots with back packs, shades and a senior Heavy equipment Capt. wearing a little gold hoop!! and this guys are professional and friendly!!

Last edited:
Must be Skywest

For the record, you guys are notorious throughout the industry for not allowing the hotel vans to wait on other crews.

That's pretty low.
Don't feel bad, they have left other Skywest crews as well, doosches don't discriminate.

Because this is not a competitive or combative "my airline is better than yours" commentary. It is commentary that says please act professional.

You want them to act professionally but you come on here with this childlike rant. Get over yourself.

I see chumps all over the place with pants sagging, sporting their uniforms like a bunch of bro-dudes. They're adults, even if they don't act like it, and there's nothing any of you fashion police can do to change them.

Professionalism is not just about the superficial things, but yes, it is good to have a clean uniform and all. Not being mean or cocky is more important. Flying safe is the most important part of professionalism. I bet Captain Van Zanten looked very sharp right up until he accidentally killed himself and more than 500 other people. The best way to promote professionalism is to be professional yourself in a way that other pilots will like working with you, and in that way they will associate your clean uniform and efficient radio usage as the way the good guys are. If you are the consistently primp and proper, but annoying irrational a-hole then the superficial good things you do will be associated with your a-hole attitude by the new guys.

Dress sharp, fly safe, have fun, use humor, be kind, stand up for your FAs when needed, and just generally don't be an ass and you will affect the new guys and the overall culture in a good way.

Bricktop, you sound very familiar. Did you by any chance do time in a Nigerian prison, Enugu specifically, between 2003 and 2005?

8. Not introducing yourselves to offline carrier crews on jump seat or non-revenue flights: Who cares. Sit down and shut up. I am busy dealing with the slovenly dressed, arrogant, verbally abusive, headphone wearing dolt sitting next to me in the cockpit, who is stuffing a giant cheeseburger in his face in front of the passengers...

I almost did a spit take on my keyboard when I read this, nice work!

Latest resources

Back