• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Countdown to the CAL/UAL TA -- 45 days to go

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have GOT to be kidding... Sounds like you'd scab out too if you had the chance.

Actually I'm glad to hear this thinking. Far too many CAL pilots blame our woes on the scabs. Time and demographics make that impossible. I'd rather have some kicking @sses amongst the line pilots who are mad, but unwilling to fight. After all they have golf club memberships in The Woodlands to think about. Speaking of which, how you been Sean Roth!?!

Actually I'm glad to hear this thinking. Far too many CAL pilots blame our woes on the scabs. Time and demographics make that impossible. I'd rather have some kicking @sses amongst the line pilots who are mad, but unwilling to fight. After all they have golf club memberships in The Woodlands to think about. Speaking of which, how you been Sean Roth!?!
The entire group has bought into to the "we can't win, so let's make the best of it" mentality. The attitude is pervasive.

Anyone following the talks betweeen UAL/CAL unions? The CAL group is on the verge of substituting their historic "working together" relationship with CAL management for a "working together" relationship with the UAL group. Different boss, same abuse.

As usual, the United side is coming to the table trying to run the show. They're not budging on the 744 pay category because they want a seniority grab. I say screw em, separate, and work on our own contract like Delta did. I'm tired of this attitude over at United.

Seniority grab?? The seniority will be determined by the arbitrator...like it or not. I have heard about the 744 issue but don't have too much info.

This is why we have yet to present compensation to the company. UAL wants a separate pay scale for the 747. If they get this it will probably affect the SLI in their favor.

This is why we have yet to present compensation to the company. UAL wants a separate pay scale for the 747. If they get this it will probably affect the SLI in their favor.

Can someone explain how a separate pay scale for the 747 will affect the sli? I can see how this would allow more ual pilots to be in widebodies if there was a fence in place around those planes. Is this something where the arbitrator will look at a separate pay scale and will say these planes must be bada** therefor ual pilots should get an extra bump in seniority.

Can someone explain how a separate pay scale for the 747 will affect the sli? I can see how this would allow more ual pilots to be in widebodies if there was a fence in place around those planes. Is this something where the arbitrator will look at a separate pay scale and will say these planes must be bada** therefor ual pilots should get an extra bump in seniority.
It affects the "career expectations" part of what the arbitrator looks at for a fair integration. The payrate for the 747 right now is the same as other widebodies. This puts the UAL 747 pilots in an equivalent category as the CAL 777 pilots in terms of career expectations and the SLI should integrate the two groups somewhat equally.

UAL wants the 747 broken out into a completely separate pay category, now, before SLI arbitration. If they are successful, then when the arbitrator looks at the two groups, he'll see the UAL 747 pilots in a category by themselves in essence, making more than any other equipment from either airline.

This could result in a "top staple" of the most senior UAL pilots above all other pilots in both groups. It would dramatically change the SLI. UAL pilots would skew higher in the list generally and CAL pilots would skew lower. This effect would probably be felt as low as the 50th or 60th percentiles.

Last edited:
This effect would probably be felt as low as the 50th or 60th percentiles.

I'm pretty sure they are trying to run this all the way out to last guy working at UAL. If not the furloughs as well. UAL ALPA wants to move every one of thiers up 400+ numbers....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back