• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Countdown to the CAL/UAL TA -- 45 days to go

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with the higher pay for the 747, but no SLI impact since that is not what UAL has currently. From what I heard they would be parking them fairly quickly anyway.

If not it would be in the CAL pilots best interest to drag the SLI out as long as possible. CAL has airplanes coming soon, UAL does not. I'll take that movement and skip the San Fran base.

Holy Sh!t you guys have to calm down. Let this thing play out. Everybody's got their best suit on and playing the game. Back Off, Relax. Who gives a sh!t if the thing is done by the end of the year or not? Not us. Management might. Hmmm, if management wants it done quicker, maybe they'll pony up some incentives for us all. What's with the punching in the dark?

I agree with the higher pay for the 747, but no SLI impact since that is not what UAL has currently. From what I heard they would be parking them fairly quickly anyway.

If not it would be in the CAL pilots best interest to drag the SLI out as long as possible. CAL has airplanes coming soon, UAL does not. I'll take that movement and skip the San Fran base.

You do realize you contradict yourself in the two paragraghs.

Paragragh one= snapshot is taken. "no impact on SLI since that is not what UAL has currently."

Paragraph two= draw it out cause "CAL has airplanes coming soon."

You got to pick one view or the other.

PS I'll trade you for an EWR slot!!

Densoo and company, Merger or no merger, weight and not # of seats has been the cornerstone of UALMEC's policy when determining pilot compensation for ages. Much like any other concession (banding payrates in this example), and just like CALMEC's wish to get back everything it gave up to CAL in your agreement to avoid BK, so too is the UALMEC's desire to reclaim what it gave.

Since it appears that you might be clueless, UAL BK CBA became amendable December 31 2009 well before the merger announcement. Negotiations for a new contract began even earlier ( 9 months prior) in April 2009, and continued in earnest up until the merger announcement. As was the case with CAL in its negotiations leading up to the merger announcement, UALMEC made it very clear what its objectives were in those negotiation, and unbanding payrate for the 747 was publicly stated priority. So your idea of "timing" is delusional and pathetic at best, and create empty shells for those who wouldn't know better than to start wailing foul.

Do I expect you to know the details of the UAL's negotiations prior to the merger announcement? No, much like I don't know the details of Continental's but as the bright person you are, I'm sure you will acknowledge the fact that CALMEC (post-merger announcement) expectations haven't change (adjusted downward) from what it was during your pre-merger negotiation of your amended 9/11 concessionary agreement. So why should UAL's expectations change? Fact is the B747's are on the property and should be unbanded just as the rates for the A350 and Dreamliner.

Advocating for the devil, doesn't your present agreement include unbanded rates (separated from the smaller B737) for the larger B737? I could be wrong but even SWA thinks it's important to negotiate different rates for models larger than the 700. Dude your job is to fly it. The company pays huge sums of money to other individuals to figure out how to squeeze every cent of revenue by properly implementing it.

Remember if these negotiation fail to make progress by some date in the future both groups revert back to negotiating their own CBA. I guarantee you UALMEC will still be after unbanding the equipment it operates or intend to operate.

The few of you on here like yourself, AWACoff, whatsitdoing,and Flop truly give light to that age old fable of the dog with a bone in his mouth crossing a river and looking over to see another dog with a bone, his refection in the water, and what does he do?

Think of raising the earnings potential of this profession instead of dropping the bone as it's being robbed from under your nose by your refection...

Since it appears that you might be clueless, UAL BK CBA became amendable December 31 2009 well before the merger announcement. Negotiations for a new contract began even earlier ( 9 months prior) in April 2009, and continued in earnest up until the merger announcement. As was the case with CAL in its negotiations leading up to the merger announcement, UALMEC made it very clear what its objectives were in those negotiation, and unbanding payrate for the 747 was publicly stated priority. So your idea of "timing" is delusional and pathetic at best, and create empty shells for those who wouldn't know better than to start wailing foul.

Thanks for the explanation. This is the kind of information that would be nice to have upfront, by our own union officials. Unfortunately, the information blackout lends itself to making large conclusions from small facts.

Thanks for the explanation. This is the kind of information that would be nice to have upfront, by our own union officials. Unfortunately, the information blackout lends itself to making large conclusions from small facts.

Hope fully this will settle everybody down.

UAL JNC Update

"The Joint Negotiating Committee (JNC) crafted a Compensation proposal this week that recognizes the value of the pilots’ contributions to the synergies of the merged United Airlines. The Compensation proposal, while yet to be passed to management, would provide the 12,500 United pilots industry leading compensation. The JNC proposal has been briefed to the respective MECs of United and Continental. The JNC is continuing to finalize the remaining Sections of the Joint Collective Bargaining Agreement (JCBA) for its next meeting with the Company the week of October 25."

Hope fully this will settle everybody down.

UAL JNC Update

"The Joint Negotiating Committee (JNC) crafted a Compensation proposal this week that recognizes the value of the pilots’ contributions to the synergies of the merged United Airlines. The Compensation proposal, while yet to be passed to management, would provide the 12,500 United pilots industry leading compensation. The JNC proposal has been briefed to the respective MECs of United and Continental. The JNC is continuing to finalize the remaining Sections of the Joint Collective Bargaining Agreement (JCBA) for its next meeting with the Company the week of October 25."
Hopefully Southwest is included in the industry of "industry leading." Good luck, dudes and dudettes.

You do realize you contradict yourself in the two paragraghs.

Paragragh one= snapshot is taken. "no impact on SLI since that is not what UAL has currently."

Paragraph two= draw it out cause "CAL has airplanes coming soon."

You got to pick one view or the other.

PS I'll trade you for an EWR slot!!

Seniority List Integration is the integration of the snapshots of each pilot group. There will be more snapshots down the line, not just the one. I wasn't saying take our growth into account (although they should), I was saying that if there is a delay I would be fine with that.

Since we will both have the same contract before the SLI that will change things depending on what is in the new contract. As it seems that the SLI will come down to the arbitrators, it will be up to them how to apply the contract to the SLI, so each pilot group will have to get as many things in the contract that favors them. I can't blame the UAL guys as it shows they are fighting for their members, but I expect the same from the CAL guys as well. Both sides have good arguments, it will be interesting to see what is compromised.

If a compromised can't be reached, I'm just saying that I wouldn't mind keeping the growth in house for awhile (at least until I upgrade):D

As far as that EWR slot, you got me there.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back