• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Countdown to the CAL/UAL TA -- 45 days to go

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is all getting old fast. Here is reality. UAL ALPA will propose a list that is benefitial to UAL pilots. THAT"S THEIR JOB!!! CO ALPA will propose a list benifitial to CO pilots. THAT"S THEIR JOB.

UAL ALPA....747 should pay more (though I have only heard that on here) Let's "top staple'.........we bring the majority of wide bodies......"career expectations"....

CO..ALPA.... our a/c orders are growth aircraft....relative seniority is the way to go.....furloughed employees don't count....

Both MEC's have a job to do. Both MEC's will present there case to an arbitrator. I do not know why folks are getting there panties all wadded up so early in the process. Let's get a freakin contract first. Keep your eye on the ball!!

Right on!

Let's get a freakin contract first. Keep your eye on the ball!!

How do you propose we get a contract done when half of the JNC has direction to carve out the 744 into it's own (and highest) pay category and the other half knows that doing so has potential SLI implications?

We can't get a contract done until we can make a compensation proposal. Simply stated, we can't make a compensation proposal until we agree on the pay issue.

747= 374 seats
777= 258 seats
767= 244 seats

This was taken from skynet. Why, with a difference of 116 seats between the 747 and the 777, should the pay be banded between the two? Am I missing something?

What about banding the 777 and 767?

747= 374 seats
777= 258 seats
767= 244 seats

This was taken from skynet. Why, with a difference of 116 seats between the 747 and the 777, should the pay be banded between the two? Am I missing something?
Yes. The timing of the un-"banding".

Either it should have been a different pay scale long before this JCBA process started, or they should table it until after the SLI is a sealed deal. Doing it now appears to be a seniority grab. It could be they've just been waiting for the opportunity to get a separate scale for the 747, and now that opportunity has arrived. That it happens to be during a JCBA which will affect an SLI may be a coincidence. Whether it is or not does not matter. In front of an arbitrator, the effect will be the same--a top staple.

How do you propose we get a contract done when half of the JNC has direction to carve out the 744 into it's own (and highest) pay category and the other half knows that doing so has potential SLI implications?

We can't get a contract done until we can make a compensation proposal. Simply stated, we can't make a compensation proposal until we agree on the pay issue.

The 747 has traditionally always been the highest paid airplane at UAL up until the BK contract. It has a TOG of approx 200,000 LBS more than the 777. (speed/weight formula ring a bell?) The pay issue does not have to be connected to the SLI. Again that's what the arbitrator is for.

747= 374 seats
777= 258 seats
767= 244 seats

What about banding the 777 and 767?

The 777 and 767-400 (256 seats in High density config, 235 in Europe config) and 767-200 (174 seats) are banded together at CAL and all pay more than the 747-400 at UAL (except for the first 5 year FO B scale at CAL.)

(By the way our 757-200 has 175 seats and our 757-300 has 216 seats and both pay less than the 767-200...I wasn't on property for that vote:erm:)

The 777 and 747-400 are currently banded together at UAL.

Yes. The timing of the un-"banding".

Either it should have been a different pay scale long before this JCBA process started, or they should table it until after the SLI is a sealed deal. Doing it now appears to be a seniority grab. It could be they've just been waiting for the opportunity to get a separate scale for the 747, and now that opportunity has arrived. That it happens to be during a JCBA which will affect an SLI may be a coincidence. Whether it is or not does not matter. In front of an arbitrator, the effect will be the same--a top staple.

Well, I'm certainly against any one group trying to "seniority grab", whether it be the top OR the bottom of the lists.

Not to get off subject but how in the Hell do you pack 244 passengers in a 763 when we only carry 235 in our European 764's? And I think most of our 777's hold 285 now and I think they are pretty comfortable so the UAL 777's must really be plush with only 258 seats(3 class?). Not understanding why we can't do what Delta has done and put the 747 alongside the 777 for pay. After the 5 year fence is taken down, let's get that 747 pay up another 10% minimum. Just my thoughts......

UAL ALPA....747 should pay more (though I have only heard that on here) Let's "top staple'.........we bring the majority of wide bodies......"career expectations"....

Both MEC's have a job to do. Both MEC's will present there case to an arbitrator. I do not know why folks are getting there panties all wadded up so early in the process. Let's get a freakin contract first. Keep your eye on the ball!!

If the only argument the UAL guys have for the SLI is that "we bring more wide body aircraft", the UAL guys are in big trouble.

CAL has 737s that pay more than all of the UAL 767s.

With the 747 pay issue, we can't "get a freakin' contract first" because we can't put up a Section 3 proposal until that issue is resolved. After the SLI is complete, I totally agree that the 747 should have a higher pay structure.

Last edited:
If the only argument the UAL guys have for the SLI is that "we bring more wide body aircraft", the UAL guys are in big trouble.

CAL has 737s that pay more than all of the UAL 767s.

With the 747 pay issue, we can't "get a freakin' contract first" because we can't put up a Section 3 proposal until that issue is resolved. After the SLI is complete, I totally agree that the 747 should have a higher pay structure.

You should go into politics. You bring down half a quote then use it out of context to make your invalid point.

I am quite sure you would like to address the 747 issue after the SLI. Rather predictable.

Latest resources

Back