Cost for de-icing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AV8OR

I am trying to compile some data on aircraft de-icing costs: Please post what your minimum and maximum costs have been to de-ice your aircraft this year, type of aircraft, whether it was wings and tail or total de-ice, airport de-ice took place, FBO used and if you remember, the amount of time it delayed your departure to get de-iced.

Thank you

I'm sure you have a reason to compile this information but I can't give you any de-ice cost information for three basic reasons:

1. I have been lucky enough to NOT need de-icing yet this season;

2. We rarely, if ever, see the bills so I'm not sure how much it cost; and

3. My "give-a-$hit" meter is pegged on ZERO when I de-ice. I don't CARE how much it costs. The jet needs it, the jet gets it.

I'm sure you have a reason to compile this information but I can't give you any de-ice cost information for three basic reasons:

1. I have been lucky enough to NOT need de-icing yet this season;

2. We rarely, if ever, see the bills so I'm not sure how much it cost; and

3. My "give-a-$hit" meter is pegged on ZERO when I de-ice. I don't CARE how much it costs. The jet needs it, the jet gets it.
+1.

Only had to de-ice twice this year. Type 1 both times. Clean airplane for takeoff. Last I checked, it was about $25 a gallon. Don't care how much it costs. Plane has to be clean before I fly it.

Just a quick note on the initial responses: Totally agree with the "it doesn't matter what it costs" responses! Safety first for sure! Just trying to get a feel for the range of cost for various de-icing events....and not to make a case against de-icing. Clean and safe no matter the cost.....agree totally! Thanks

You may get better info from a FBO manager. Cost per gallon, average gallons per small, medium, large cabin, etc. Corporate guys might have a better idea as well.

I know some only clean wings and tail, as I am asked by every FBO deice crew. Our policy is clean jet-period. I've deiced 4 times this year already, once with type one and four. No idea how much.

I guess I didn't think about how the fractional side just gets it billed to the company. I have the same question posted on the corporate forum....thanks for the responses.

I flew a P180 with a guy who said he once de-iced and the woman passenger said to him, "Thanks, you just cost me $900." I hope this helps!

Latest resources

Back