Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know I am not popular

Hey guys,

These are just my opinions and experiences, not the word of God. Believe me I wish that things went better for me during my corporate days. I haven't seen the promised land that you all speak of. I don't know anyone who has been there either. However, I have seen some disgustingly rich Delta and Alaska Airline pilots. Although you would be quick to point out that they are not doing so well these days. I don't want to live in the heart of the big city and I disliked the lack of upgrade assurances that my corporate time give. If a good one were to come along I suppose I would go for it, but I haven't seen anything I would go for yet. I hate sitting in hotel rooms like a sky butler waiting for the little bell to ring.

Skyline

Gulfstream 200 said:
I see all your "corporate" experience is in 500 citations and Learjets.....sounds like garbage charter to me!

No wonder a 737 looks so great.
Skyline, I'm with G200...
30 minute call out? 24/7/365?? I've NEVER heard of a Part 91 job that required that. If charter is involved in any way, shape, form, or degree it's a sucky charter job and not corporate. Please don't confuse the two - we don't.

'Sled

Skyline said:
Hey guys,

These are just my opinions and experiences, not the word of God. Believe me I wish that things went better for me during my corporate days. I haven't seen the promised land that you all speak of. I don't know anyone who has been there either. However, I have seen some disgustingly rich Delta and Alaska Airline pilots. Although you would be quick to point out that they are not doing so well these days. I don't want to live in the heart of the big city and I disliked the lack of upgrade assurances that my corporate time give. If a good one were to come along I suppose I would go for it, but I haven't seen anything I would go for yet. I hate sitting in hotel rooms like a sky butler waiting for the little bell to ring.

Skyline
This guy is obviously flame bait... Every post of his has some type of moronic jab... He obviously never held a real Corporate job, that is appearant in his blatant misperceptions of the industry...

Oh, I know some Delta pilots too, the ones that took a 35% paycut and are now being forced to take a additional 19% paycut... That doesn't sound so "disgustingly rich" to me... But then again, you admitted you've never made over $42k a year flying, so I guess makin' $80K at Delta must look pretty good to you...

And your "30 minute call out"??? Even when I flew Charter 10 years ago we had a 2 hour call out... I know a LOT of Corporate pilots, I don't know ANY that have a 30 minute call out, or even a 2 hour call out for that matter...

I think Skyline has Charter and Corporate a tad confused...

Oh and if you think the "Hay Day" of the 90's is going to return for the majors, don't bet your pension on it... Oh wait, you don't have one of those anymore... I guess you have nothing to worry about then...

(Edit: Upon further investigation, it looks like Skyline might be unemployed, this explains his extremely negative attitude: http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=779641#post779641)

Last edited:
skyline is not all wrong..

Take a poll at TEB sometime. The majority of corp guys are not as fortunate as you all here on this thread. The majority are 24/7 in light to medium corp jets making in most cases the norm 2nd year pay at a 121 carrier.

The regional jet captains are even making more $ with a better schedule than the majority or Corp guys.

You guys here with the great corp jobs be thankfull but also be truthfull to those looking for info here... you guys are the exception but not the norm

Bankangle said:

Take a poll at TEB sometime. The majority of corp guys are not as fortunate as you all here on this thread. The majority are 24/7 in light to medium corp jets making in most cases the norm 2nd year pay at a 121 carrier.
So you walk around TEB asking guys how much they make and how often they work??? And they offer you up their W-2's and Logbooks???

I was born at night, just not last night...

A LOT of guys sitting around TEB are CHARTER guys...

Bankangle said:

I've spent my fair share of time sitting around the various FBO pilot lounges at TEB. (In fact I'll be out there for a few days next week.) Maany of those guys sitting around complaining are fractional pilots. Again, please don't make the mistake of thinking that they are corporate. They are not. They're getting good experience though, and hopefully they'll be able to parlay it into a good pt 91 job. Right now I know of two openings for qualified and experienced part 91 corporate captains - both starting at well over $100K, perhaps up to $125K. Former 121 guys need not apply.

'Sled

Latest resources

Back