Corporate Dorks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2000flyer said:
Say what??? Resting loads on the flap track and actuator?!?! When the flaps are up in flight and the aircraft is under typical stresses of flight, isn't there more pressure on the track/actuator than at rest on the ground?

I've flow Ciations for nearly 15 years and 4,000 hours and that is the FIRST time I've heard of such a thing.

Our SOP's are quick turn or at home base, flaps 7. On the road, especially overnight, flaps up. I've had the inboard flap at 7 damaged by the line back the plane close to the grass and catching a low cart with the flap. Had they been up, it would have cleared.

2000Flyer

Exactly what he said. I see a bunch of corporate dorks in Astra's do the same thing for almost the same said reason. Quick turn OK. Overnight, you are only asking for problems.

We put the flaps up on the LJ31 even on quick turns if we were getting fuel. Having the flaps even at 8 got in the way of the single point and just asked for a ding from the oh so skilled line folk that might speak 3 words of English.

45 's Are The Same Way, Flaps 8 On A Quicky And Up On Overnights Or On Re-fuel, Darn Single Point Is In The Worst Spot Ever!!!!!!!

2000FLYER

You can take it as you want, guy wanted to know why Citations taxied in with some flaps dangling. Yes the loads are higher in flight and yes you can park the plane flaps up no worries. For most, but not all operators it is SOP to park a 500 or 550 with flaps dangling whether there is truth to why or why not I have no idea, and since I do not fly the airplane any more I don’t really care. As for the 560 I have no idea I never flew it. The company I flew Citations for provided pilot services nationally, of all the operators I was farmed out to maybe 20, only one or two parked the plane flaps up. I have not flown the plane in a long time but still see a lot of them parked with some flaps out.

HAVE A NICE DAY!

My statement applies only to the CE500 series, I guess over the years it has become an accepted norm contrary to Cessna of course. Any other jet I have flown would get me a call from the CP for not following the GOM

buckeyes95 said:
You corp guys need to learn how to do a flow, followed up by a check list! What's with all these trashy Citations Takiing around with the flaps down, anyway?

By the way, I like young boys.

He's right. He's VERY right. I left 121 for 135 and you have to be kidding me! I will never put my family on a chartered jet. I hear first hand it's the same at Options / Netjets / Blah Blah Blah. This guy I flew with yesterday asked me if a Localizer approach was precision (so he could log it). HOLY HELL. It's no wonder the Feds are a buch of Nazis...135 / 91 is a big fat joke. Like I said...if I aint flyin it...my family won't be on it!!! (charter, that is).

AZT

G100driver said:
Exactly what he said. I see a bunch of corporate dorks in Astra's do the same thing for almost the same said reason. Quick turn OK. Overnight, you are only asking for problems.
The drill in the Astra was supposedly to save "cycles" on the flap actuator. In the begining it was a weak spot. I never bought into it and never had any problems in over 3,500 hours of sitting up front in an Astra. I agree with your "only asking for problems". Those exposed jackscrews have a bunch of grease on them - just the stuff you need to collect a bunch dust, dirt and grime on them. Driving that stuff into the actuators when you get around to retracting the flaps can't do them any good.

'Sled

AZ Typed said:
He's right. He's VERY right. I left 121 for 135 and you have to be kidding me! I will never put my family on a chartered jet. I hear first hand it's the same at Options / Netjets / Blah Blah Blah. This guy I flew with yesterday asked me if a Localizer approach was precision (so he could log it). HOLY HELL. It's no wonder the Feds are a buch of Nazis...135 / 91 is a big fat joke. Like I said...if I aint flyin it...my family won't be on it!!! (charter, that is).

AZT
So you have a lot of respect for your fellow aviators... Put your family on one of the Airliners that the drunk pilots were trying to fly and got busted for over that last few years.

I have had the priveledge of working under all the rules and find my current 135 gig to have top notch professional aviators. I have and will continue to put my family on the planes when invited. Also, I will not return to the 121 carrier that furloughed me, which by the way has had many more accidents and incidents than the 135 carrier I currently fly for.

AZ Typed said:

AZT
AZT- It sounds like you're having a bad run with the guys you're flying with: First Aspen, now this. There are A LOT of terrible 91/135 operators flying overhead.

Of course, my 121 buddies tell me stories that make my hair stand up- i.e. my friend was PF recently and splashed Tabasco in both his eyes because he was making lunch on climbout in a 737. He said he couldn't see for "awhile". Niiiiiiiice!.

It all adds up to job security at the good PT91 dept's.:)

Latest resources

Back