Corporate Dorks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
100LL... Again! said:
The thing that makes 121 better overall is not the pilots but the way 121 is adminstrated. It is just plainly a lot more stringent, and the day-to-day operations are much more structured. OF COURSE it will be safer overall.

The only reason why 121 is more stringent is because its fruits are available to anybody. The FAA is just protecting their own a$$. For example...Joe Jackoff who owns his own business and TBM700 creates a smoking hole in the ground somewhere in the mountains during the dead of night in a blizzard. Media coverage=0. Maybe a small three sentence article in the USA today. Therefore bad propaganda for the FAA=0. Now lets turn the tables. XYZ Airline crashes a 737 with many casualties. Media coverage=1,000,000! It' on the front page of every city paper in the country. Propaganda for the FAA= -1,000,000. You get what I'm saying? The FAA doesn't give a flying fudge about the TBM because nobody knows about it and therefore doesn't make them look bad and the FAA doesn't feel like listening to all the sh...I mean fuss from the media about "were the pilots trained properly, was the airplane maintained properly...blah, blah, blah in a widely publisized commercial crash.

Please don't group all Part 91 operators together for they aren't all a "big fat joke."

Did your part 121 operator train you the way that my part 91 operator trains me?

Recurrent - every 6 mo
First Aid/AED - every other year
Water Survival/Underwater Egress - every other year
High Altitude Chamber - Initial and Recurrent Training

Training isn't everything, yet it along with our strick SOP's shows that we're not a joke.

Also it seems that, if it weren't for part 91 and 135 operators, you might not have a job right now.

D

AZ Typed said:
He's right. He's VERY right. I left 121 for 135 and you have to be kidding me! I will never put my family on a chartered jet. I hear first hand it's the same at Options / Netjets / Blah Blah Blah. This guy I flew with yesterday asked me if a Localizer approach was precision (so he could log it). HOLY HELL. It's no wonder the Feds are a buch of Nazis...135 / 91 is a big fat joke. Like I said...if I aint flyin it...my family won't be on it!!! (charter, that is).

AZT

Right on Brother

It's not like anyone flew 121 out of their mother's womb.

Deck said:
Please don't group all Part 91 operators together for they aren't all a "big fat joke."

Did your part 121 operator train you the way that my part 91 operator trains me?

Recurrent - every 6 mo

Training isn't everything, yet it along with our strick SOP's shows that we're not a joke.

Also it seems that, if it weren't for part 91 and 135 operators, you might not have a job right now.

D

Last edited:
true but the 300 hour Gulfstreamers or United girls from the 90s are dang close.

Not to say any of these people aren't skilled ... just not experienced

Deck said:

Recurrent - every 6 mo

In my case, you can add weather radar courses and company paid aerobatic courses (read: extreme unusual attitude recovery courses. Yee Haw!) 121 and 135 operators are more regulated, not safer. Question: What exclusively part 91 corporate flight department would be willing to trade safety records with ANY part 121 or 135 operator? Answer: Not a one.

'Sled

buckeyes95 said:
You corp guys need to learn how to do a flow, followed up by a check list! What's with all these trashy Citations Takiing around with the flaps down, anyway?

How ironic that the "flow" and checklist at our company calls for it. Any other brilliant insights?

X

PS One man's trash is another man's gold mine.;)

Lead Sled said:
company paid aerobatic courses (read: extreme unusual attitude recovery courses. Yee Haw!)
Oh ya, that's a fun one, did you do it in the Extra 300;) ? While, I didn't get sick, I certainly did have to ask for a break every now and then:p .

AZ Typed said:
He's right. He's VERY right. I left 121 for 135 and you have to be kidding me! I will never put my family on a chartered jet. I hear first hand it's the same at Options / Netjets / Blah Blah Blah. This guy I flew with yesterday asked me if a Localizer approach was precision (so he could log it). HOLY HELL. It's no wonder the Feds are a buch of Nazis...135 / 91 is a big fat joke. Like I said...if I aint flyin it...my family won't be on it!!! (charter, that is).

AZT
Well bud, there's good and bad in just everything, there certainly are some scare operations out there, and believe me 135 or 91 doesn't have a monopoly on it, just look at some of the 121 operators out there (FL410club).

With 3400 hours your comments strike me as an insecure young kid, who has a complex every time they go into an FBO, because us "corporate dorks" don't respect your 121 "skills".

Look I'm real good friends with people that run very classy operations, and good friends with people that run dirtbag operations, after you've been in this business for a while you see all kinds.

One word of advise on these charter flights you are working, you are a REQUIRED crewmember. Don't let the guy flying with you, kill you or get you violated. I'll bring to your attention this NTSB ruling: http://www.ntsb.gov/alj/O_n_O/docs/aviation/4954.PDF
the captain on this flight was one of these dirtbag operators, the SIC didn't think he had any responsibility, apparently the NTSB disagreed.

As far as not putting your family on a charter flight, I'm sure you have a lot of charter operators quaking in there boots as they're about to lose another customer making RJ wages:eek:

501261 said:
As far as not putting your family on a charter flight, I'm sure you have a lot of charter operators quaking in there boots as they're about to lose another customer making RJ wages:eek:

SNAP!

Latest resources

Back