• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Corporate Dorks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Taxiing in with flaps down has happened to everyone at least a couple of times, sheesh. Talk about a childish thing to complain about. Busy at an unfamiliar airport after a very long day...trying to avoid some kind of incursion....sometimes doing after landing flows gets put on hold so you can pay attention to where you're going. It's not like you have violated an FAR! Put them up when you get to the ramp... We've *ALL* done it.

Real simple here. My boss heard some time ago that leaving flaps in the T/O position reduces stress on some kind of something, who the hell knows? I've heard some people say it does, some people say it doesn't. I don't know for sure, but my boss wants 'em down, so I leave 'em down. It's not hurting anything, and I don't have to listen to his bit-ching if I leave them down.

As far as the airline guys bashing corporate guys, don't even get me started on the complete and utter incompetence I witnessed at my former regional airline. (Read my profile, and you can probably guess who.) Management, training department, maintenence, and about half the pilots I flew with were flying disasters. Of the guys I flew with, about 50% were Ok to good, 25% were quite questionable, and 25% amazed me that they hadn't killed themselves yet. One guy I flew with failed his upgrade TWICE and barely squeaked by on the third try. ^^^^^^^^^^. I flew with two guys that, when they were flying as CAPTAIN with a fairly new copilot (I had about 250 hours in the airplane with the first guy), that had all of 25 HOURS EXPERIENCE IN TYPE. AND NO JET TIME BESIDES THAT. I couldn't ((** believe that as a 6 month probationary copilot I was having to babysit captains that had 10% of the experience in the airplane that I had!! WTF?????

Of course, this is just my experience. I worked for a shoot-ty regional airline. My year there was about 11 months and 29 days too much. You've got stupid *****in every industry, every job, every seat out there. I met some really great pilots at my airline, too, and I know they will succeed in the future. I just don't think that the seniority system is the best way of doing things. Basically, all you have to do is not kill yourself for about 2 to 4 years, and you're going to upgrade. No performance evaluations, nothing. In every other industry, promotions are given based on a combination of experience, job performance, qualifications, and seniority, not just seniority. Labor unions, though, have gotten rid of that. The one flaw of unions is that they are there to protect the dumbest, **********remember I flew one trip with the head of the filght attendant grievance committee, and over beers one night, he was bragging about how he saved a guy's job a few days back. I asked what the guy was fired for, he said it was because he didn't show up for work 3 shifts in a row. I was like 'Dude! He *******DESERVED to be fired!!" Hell, if I didn't show up for 3 trips in a row for no reason, my boss would toss my a$$ out the door quicker than you could say 'pass the peas!' And rightfully so!

Ok, I'm done bitc-hing. it's 3:44 am, and I need to be in bed. Shut up Veg. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dork

You should learn how to spell!!!
buckeyes95 said:
You corp guys need to learn how to do a flow, followed up by a check list! What's with all these trashy Citations Takiing around with the flaps down, anyway?

By the way, I like young boys.

WMUSIGPI said:
We put the flaps up on the LJ31 even on quick turns if we were getting fuel. Having the flaps even at 8 got in the way of the single point and just asked for a ding from the oh so skilled line folk that might speak 3 words of English.

Hey I speak 4 words of English, don't be mean! :)

I have no idea what the Lear guys were thinking when they put the single point for the 45 where it is. I wonder how many planes have been damaged by ham-handed line guys.

AZ Typed said:
He's right. He's VERY right. I left 121 for 135 and you have to be kidding me! I will never put my family on a chartered jet. I hear first hand it's the same at Options / Netjets / Blah Blah Blah. This guy I flew with yesterday asked me if a Localizer approach was precision (so he could log it). HOLY HELL. It's no wonder the Feds are a buch of Nazis...135 / 91 is a big fat joke. Like I said...if I aint flyin it...my family won't be on it!!! (charter, that is).

AZT

http://web.nbaa.org/public/ops/safety/20041130.php

Now...... I'm no Alvin Einstein (being a pt91 corporate pilot an' all)....but that column on the graph at the very bottom says that Airlines experienced an average of .310 accidents per 100,000hrs in 2003. And the next column over....the one that says Corporate Executive has a number .028 accidents per 100,000hrs.
I'm not too good with numbers that got periods in them. Isn't .028 less?

Anyway.....I gotta get back to studying approach plates. Does anyone know where I can find the Decision Height on the Laguardia River Visual chart?

Latest resources

Back