Corporate Dorks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

buckeyes95

You corp guys need to learn how to do a flow, followed up by a check list! What's with all these trashy Citations Takiing around with the flaps down, anyway?

By the way, I like young boys.

Flame bait. Notice he only has 1 post on his profile.

Last edited:
more likely someone forgot to log out at the FBO/hotel...

Can't speak for the Citations but if on a multiple leg flight on taxi in we just bring flaps back to T/O positon. Last flight of the day the flaps are brought back to zero.

Because it is sooo much fun to watch you 121 guys go apoplectic and foam at the mouth. Now shut up and go serve the boss his dinner.

FlyFlyFly said:
Because it is sooo much fun to watch you 121 guys go apoplectic and foam at the mouth. Now shut up and go serve the boss his dinner.

yeah...what he said

I don't see what the problem is.

I thought it was standard procedure to leave the flaps down until right before engine shut-down, as a reminder.

How else am I supposed to remember to shutoff the radar, strobes and landing lights, and retract the spoilers?

Last edited:
A company I used to work for did lots of heavy Citation maintenance, I was told by a Citation maintenance guru that parking with partial flaps decreases the resting load on the flap track and actuator thus increasing service life. Seems to be standard operating procedure for most operators. I would not bash corporate pilots too much; most do not require a GOM in order to tie their shoes.

Loco Gringo said:
A company I used to work for did lots of heavy Citation maintenance, I was told by a Citation maintenance guru that parking with partial flaps decreases the resting load on the flap track and actuator thus increasing service life. Seems to be standard operating procedure for most operators. I would not bash corporate pilots too much; most do not require a GOM in order to tie their shoes.

Say what??? Resting loads on the flap track and actuator?!?! When the flaps are up in flight and the aircraft is under typical stresses of flight, isn't there more pressure on the track/actuator than at rest on the ground?

I've flow Ciations for nearly 15 years and 4,000 hours and that is the FIRST time I've heard of such a thing.

Our SOP's are quick turn or at home base, flaps 7. On the road, especially overnight, flaps up. I've had the inboard flap at 7 damaged by the line back the plane close to the grass and catching a low cart with the flap. Had they been up, it would have cleared.

2000Flyer

Latest resources

Back