Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You just gotta love the press...

This is from the St. Louis Post Dispatch: :(

An American Airlines Connection flight from St. Louis carrying 12 people to Kirksville, Mo., crashed near its destination about 7:30 Tuesday night, the second time in a week a jet :confused: crashed in the state.

Early reports indicated five of the twelve people on board the plane died, according to Elizabeth Isham Cory of the Federal Aviation Administration. There were 13 passengers and two crew members on the plane. (Since when does 13 + 2 = 12???) :confused:

The flight, which she said left St. Louis at 6:42 p.m., was scheduled to land shortly after 7:30 in Kirksville. The last contact with the plane was at 7:33 p.m., she said, and there was no sign of trouble.

The plane crashed about 4 miles south of the airport there, she said.

The plane, a Jetstream 31 twin engine , was American Airlines Connectionflight 5966 operated by Corporate Airlines.

On Thursday, a 50-seat jet crashed into a residential neighborhood near Jefferson City. The pilot and co-pilot were killed. No one else was on the plane and no one on the ground was injured. The cause of that crash is under investigation.
Thoughts and prayers go out to the passenger, crew and their families...

God speed to the crew and pax. This crashing is getting a little out of hand this week. Hopefully there wont be anymore for a while.

Godspeed.

My condolences to all.

Belchfire, I can only imagine. I'm sorry.

God Bless the families....You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Unfortunately, I know too many pilots there. I am nervous about the outcome.

ACT700 said:
Who ever said that they come in 3s earlier this week, called it right, I guess.

Godspeed.
So if another happened tomorrow, would you then say things come in fours, or would you start over on the next three?

Hello,
Any word on the crew yet? My old Race City roommate is an FO there now.

Regards,

ex-Navy rotorhead

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back