• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental's Fleet Plan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Doesn't it take many months to reconfigure another carrier's aircraft. My initial thought would be at least six plus months before it is out on the line. Do they have to do flight and certification tests?

The short answer is it depends. It definitely does an acceptance flight(s). Most of the reason it takes a long time is not the physical labor but also the paperwork and recordkeeping. I am not sure if ATA leased these airplanes, but leased airplanes transfering to a different carrier has both its bolts and books looked over very carefully, you'd think the plane was undergoing a C check. Six months, though? I don't think the last ground of ATA 753s going to call were up there that long, but it must be at least 2-3 months I think.

I think CAL's original 753's are etops capable, but when they first bought them it was not their intention to send them transatlantic, it doesn't have the range of a -200. Same reason winglets weren't put on right away like the -200s, the load factor it put on the wing was beyond normal parameters or something like that. Who knows though, CAL never intended to put 757s across the pond when it first bought them. If anyone is going to innovate and find new ways to make things work, CAL will be the one.

Since they have to give us 10 days notice of a system bid, they are running out of time to make it happen mid month. I'll believe it when I see it.

That info was in the monthly Bid Award Update dated April 28. But "mid" month can meet anyone's definition.

All ATA aircraft save the L1011's were leased.

Does it take an act of congress to get a call from them if you don't have an internal referral? I've had my info with airlineapps for nearly two years and been to a few job fairs that they attended and still nothing. But I don't expect anything right now due to slow down of interviews. Just wondering.

Lets all hope Chunky Prater doesn't get involved ANYWHERE in the aircraft size, mid may bid, or fleet resizing. If so, age 95 guys will be retyped in the short course followed by an elaborate meal for chunky himself, and a speech about his love for pilots!

Does it take an act of congress to get a call from them if you don't have an internal referral? I've had my info with airlineapps for nearly two years and been to a few job fairs that they attended and still nothing. But I don't expect anything right now due to slow down of interviews. Just wondering.

It takes WAY MORE than an act of Congress if you don't have any internal recs. Frankly, without internals I don't think you can get the call at all. It took me 2.5 years, I had 10 internal recs, over 6K total, lots of PIC and two types. In the end I got lucky and found a schoolhouse checkairman to look my stuff up. If and when hiring resumes (could be a long time) you will need to find some internals and from everything I have heard the job fairs are a must.

Good luck.

Right now, it probably does take an act of congress. Something like re-regulation. I wouldn't call this a "slow down" of interviews. I think it's a stop of interviews, for the rest of the 2008 is what I'm hearing. As for the system bid not coming out in the next couple of weeks, why wouldn't it?

Latest resources

Back