• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental Has Deadline for Pilot Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just look at what Lufty is doing this week. No such thing as good scope relief. Hold the line.

Pilots sure are dumb sometimes. Anyone remember when scope for RJs was relaxed because it wasn't a big deal and nobody cared about them?

Mainline guys managed to give away scope to the bottom half of their flying. Now they're going to give it away for the top half too.

Ben, I don't really know. It is my understanding that they can not go ahead without the Unions approval. I thought our CBA was a legally bidding contract.

There certain things that are black and white.

What would happen if CAL told a crew to fly a 75 overseas without the ETOPS signoff? Pretty sure the crew would say NO and be legally right and protected.

I have to believe that the Company has to have our approval to do the JV.. otherwise, why would they even wait till Dec? Why not just do it now without the Union and Pilots Group agreement?!

FAR required ETOPS signoffs have nothing to do with your legally binding contract between your union and your company.

I'm glad you have so much faith in a magna cum laude Harvard Law grad to play by the rules in the course of his business dealings - when he represents the OTHER side in your negotiations.

I guess time will tell when 1. this summer comes and goes and nothing happens and 2. when january 2011 comes and goes and.... yep, nothing happens. I hope I am wrong.

Sincerely,

B. franklin

Come on Ben..
I know who you are and respect that you're a very staunch and vocal Union supporter.
You also know who I am and know that I'm not one to roll over just for the company, nor will I blindly believe everything my Union (and company) tell me.

I saw through the BS of the first JRV LOA that the company said would save the furloughs. And I also had a talk with our EWR CP, in front of a class at GSR about those holes.

I expect NOTHING this summer, except a major meltdown on numerous occasions.
I'm not sure about what the fall... maybe the company sees the light and talks with the union openly and honestly.

On another thread (that I don't know how to find!) I mentioned what I thought was my opinion of the course of our contract negotiations. I'm still planning to be on the street, walking the line sometime next year. And I know (you) and I won't be alone!

Always
motch

Latest resources

Back