• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental Airlines Chooses Not to Merge

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any guessing what UAL's stock will do tommorow?

Can you short sell in the premarket? Our stock will be sub 10 bucks by 11edt. Too bad that won't be bad enough for the Board to dump Tilton. He needs to become sick. Like, very sick. Comatose like.

Funny thing is, we all know he doesn't give a F about us but he does have an ego and his ego can't be doing too well right now. The MFr has no idea what he's doing. By the way, UAL is the only major airline that hasn't announced RJ reductions. Guess he hasn't figured out RJ economics and fee per departure stuff yet.

We here at UAL know UAL still exist in spite of it's management. Not because of it. We'll see how much longer that can last. We'll help it get to the Abyss gleefully. The sooner the better.

Yes you can sell short in the morning starting at 8am Eastern. I already spoke with Chuck this morning about it. You have to name your price but otherwise it's about the same as the normal market. Anybody have $5k to loan me?

LOL. This is funny. We may be toast. Maybe not. Either way is fine with me. But this sounds like 03 all over again. Many assume CAL doesn't want to merge because of UALs books. It could be that they didn't want to merge under the terms presented. But hey, UAL might suck but you CAL guys don't walk around acting like you're SWA, FDX, and UPS rolled into one now. The whole industry sucks. That would include your place too. Good luck and congrats on having management that has wanted to run an airline for the past few.

Well said.

The "celebration" may be short lived. This was most likely the best of several choices. None of which have guaranteed sucess or an easy road ahead.

I'm pleased that we appear to not be merging with United but what we face "going it alone" doesn't seem to be a smooth straight road. Hopefully there are more promising details to come over the next few months.

I wonder if this means the new plan at CAL is max expansion? Maybe the May system bid won't be as flat as everyone says. Things change fast.

That would be an even bigger shocker than this announcement. Where would the widebodies come from?

Larry K. says that CAL isn't going to merge, so I bet that is because CAL is going to be acquired by American. Ouch.

At least with United the CAL pilots had a chance to get a good deal out of it. With American, I think they will probably gobble CAL up.

But maybe that's just me. LOL

Larry K. says that CAL isn't going to merge, so I bet that is because CAL is going to be acquired by American. Ouch.

At least with United the CAL pilots had a chance to get a good deal out of it. With American, I think they will probably gobble CAL up.

Man Pokehole, you sure are clueless. Guess that's what happens when you choose to stay stuck at the commuters

UAL's BoD needs to get rid of Tilton and get a good CEO. CAL is making the right decision and US is more than likely going to remain alone as well.

She couldnt have thought of something so intellectually insightful. Her husband told her what to say.

HUH!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back