• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Considering a position with Gjet? Read this first

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
210Fr8, thats good stuff. Also those GJ CRJs are pissy. The autofuel system sucks on all of em, Pinnacle lets as use manual fuel but GJ wants us to use auto. Well you guys ERJs are gettin old and the fuel valves dont like to shut so a lot of times we have to fuel them manual but its no biggie.

$$$4nothin said:
They might not be SCABS by definition, but they are peices of SH!T by definition, and I cant wait for one to ask for a ride.

Many say the same of JetBlue and WN. It can be easily argued that they have been the direct cause of thousands of jobs lost and divorces created.

talespin said:
Why is it that police men and fire fighters across the board have such a strong brotherhood, but pilot as a whole will screw one another at the drop of a dime?

Great question. My 2 dollar stab at it- It has to do with the fact that typically an airline pilot has an expensive college degree where a fire fighter does not. An "airline pilot" starts his/her career at $15,000 a year for years 1-3 (CFI) and then moves to $20,000 for a year, $30,000 for 4-5 years, $60,000 for 3-4 years and then has a 20% chance of moving on to a "major making $35,000 for a year and if very lucky will make $100,000 a year after 5 years hoping to top out at $180,000 after 15 years. No retirement.

A fire fighter will not need a college degree. He will start at $35,000 and make $50,000 after 6 years. After 15 years, he'll make $65,000. If he has a college degree, he can make $125,000 after 20 years. Full retirement at 50.

I've always thought of the airline career as though one were chasing the NBA dream. Everyone focuses on the end result of big salary and very little work. Yet, most ignore the reality of the very low percentage of people who actually make it to the promised land of high pay and low work. The rest will end up pissed off and on the street.
The NBA today is JBLU, WN, and Fedex. What will it be tomorrow?

That's a good answer, but I still think we could get more accomplished contract wise if we all looked at the big picture.

Hey I think CAL should be in that line up. It's a great place to work with some great people.

RP170 said:
All of the guys I know here at CHQ consider them SCABS also. We are Teamsters and pray to god that the Teamsters will NOT represent them.

Well shouldn't the Shuttle America guys be considered scabs for taking the jobs in the SF340 after Brian Bedford created an "alter ego" by firing 125 guys and then transferring 16 Saabs to Shuttle. Now that is what I consider an "alter ego airline"..

You guys have this so twisted and convoluted you don't even know half the truth, let alone a quarter of it.

All of you are band jumpers.............and don't even know what you are fighting for or about.......

TSA is fighting to keep from whip sawed. Period.

TSA flying AMR birds isn't quite the same as what the GJ episode. TSA was already in existence and was contracted to fly those birds. Most TSA guys don't like the way the thing went down either.

GJ was brought to life to be used in contract negotiations. They've had plenty of help from guys who could be flying for TSA still (better work rules) or they could have jobs elsewhere (better work rules).

I still can't quite get over why there are so many apologists for the GJ pilots. I don't hate them but I am not going to go out of my way to try and make the van stop for them if I see them running after it. They're going to hurt my paycheck in the long run, why should I should care about their 15 minutes? If I can understand how this will help us all out in the long run, heck, I'll jump on board and speak in favor of GJ but I just don't see where it's helping anyone except with a percieved jump around senority.

fuelflow said:
You probably cost that crew 15 minutes on a 17 hour layover. With winning strategies like that, you should consider a position with your MEC.[/quote

with a little ....ant, pea brain like yours, you should consider a position at Gayjets.

There is nothing wrong with my MEC. There is something very wrong with an individual who will split up the pilot group so that the only one that can possibly win in the end is management. We will never see eye to eye on this issue. I think you and everyone over there is a piece of fecal matter. I would rather be a new FO at Trans States than the most senior captain at Gayjets. I know what the pilots at TSA believe in and I'm proud to be a part of it. Hard work and equality based on a SENIORITY system of ONE PILOT GROUP. I know what you terds at Gayjets believe in too, and I want no part of it. Me, me, me, me, and more me. But you are too stupid to see that you are hurting yourselves in the long run, as well as everyone around you.

Latest resources

Back