Considering a position with Gjet? Read this first

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GrnClvrs said:
An exerpt from the following speech - http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/London/Writings/WarOfTheClasses/scab.html

The laborer who gives more time or strength or skill for the same wage than another, or equal time or strength or skill for a less wage, is a scab.
From each according to his ability, to each according to his need, right? By this definition, nobody can put forth any more effort on the job than the lowest common denominator. What the heck, it creates more jobs, right? Neither can anyone take a job from anyone other than the industry leader without being a scab.

It's all just one big happy collective now, isn't it? Gag me.

The G*Jet scenario is shameful, as was the Freedom Air debacle a couple of years ago. The pilots exhibited scab-like behavior, but let's not expand definitions to fit when the term is as ugly as scab. That ought to be reserved for truly reprehensible acts, within the same pilot group that is on strike.

Last edited:
pdkaviator said:
TJ
Ich frage mich wieviel leute hier deine Unterschrift lesen koennen!

Who fights can lose, who does not fight has already lost.

Old German trade union saying. I saw it as graffiti on a wall in Magdeburg (DDR) shortly after the wall came down.

tj

What goes around comes around

Isn't TSA the same outfit that flies blue chicken RJ's to feed AA out of STL? When AA bought TWA, AMR management told Eagle pilots that they didn't have the resources to feed STL, so the blue chicken carriers would stay. After Eagle started parking SF3's in the desert and furloughing, that argument didn't hold up anymore. TSA still to this day operates 10 EMB 145's OWNED by AMR in DIRECT violation of Eagle scope. Eagles scope states that company owned aircraft shall be flown by pilots on the company seniority list. The TSA pilots are whining about Gjets, but lost no actual flying or aircraft in the transaction. The UAL feed that Gjets operates is old Air Willy flying that was deemed too expensive by the UAL BK cost structure. What TSA holdings did was to make a buck in a free enterprise economy by exploiting a loophole in AA scope by being smarter than CHQ when they attempted the same thing. The 70-110 seat market is the growth segment of the insdustry and people in a position to capitalize on it are being whined about by snot-nosed brats that think they "own" their segment of the market for good. After de-regulation, competition rules, and as long as there are people willing to do our job cheaper, we're all at risk. Someday some fly-by-night operator will lawn-dart a shiny new 70 seater full of Pax with some 1500 hour wonder at the helm. Then the consumer demand will shift the market back to more "experienced" operators.

Just my two cents. Flame away because I really don't give a rat's a$$, the facts are the facts.

the facts are the facts.

I don't think so. It seems the "facts" are whatever you can twist them around to feed your preconcieved notions. Let's start with the conclusion, work backwards and find some "facts" that support them. the facts don't support your conclusion? Well the facts must be wrong, let's find some others and twist em out of context and keep repeating it.

tj

erj-145mech said:
B777, you throw out the scab word, what is the definition of a scab?

GJ is not flying struck work. The pilots are unionized. ALPA doesn't have a monopoly on unions, not all pilots are represented by ALPA. The pilots are not crossing a lawful picket line. Trans States created GJ's to gain flight routes not available to TSA pilots due to scope clauses.

If you don't like GJ crews, so be it, but they are not scabs by definition. You need to learn a new vocabulary to express what you think that they are.

Flame suit on.

I have read so many posts about the definition of "scab". People get so bent out of shape when it is used when talking about hojets. I think its time to change the definition of "scab" to anyone who will take work from people who have earned it. Its not like a word in the english Language has not taken on new meanings as the years have gone on. Like for instance Fag.
Puff on that one erj-145.

Latest resources

Back