Considering a position with Gjet? Read this first

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
B777 said:
You need a job? So am I, and so was the pilot that turned TSA down, and many others that will not take a position at Gjet.

You mean So do I, and so did the pilot...., right?

erj-145mech said:
B777, you throw out the scab word, what is the definition of a scab?

GJ is not flying struck work. The pilots are unionized. ALPA doesn't have a monopoly on unions, not all pilots are represented by ALPA. The pilots are not crossing a lawful picket line. Trans States created GJ's to gain flight routes not available to TSA pilots due to scope clauses.

If you don't like GJ crews, so be it, but they are not scabs by definition. You need to learn a new vocabulary to express what you think that they are.

Flame suit on.

That's just semantics man, I'm sure your point of view would be different if you were a pilot at TSA.

B777, you throw out the scab word,
Yes, and hear is what he said
First off, you may not consider Gjet to be a scab airline, or even fit the definition of that.
Next you said this:
The pilots are unionized
Wrong!! 4 Management pilots tried to certify the Teamsters before they were an actual airline. They do not have any representation and are at the whim of the company.

Then there was this statement:

Trans States created GJ's to gain flight routes not available to TSA pilots due to scope clauses.
No it wasn't to gain "flight routes" it was to be able to operate aircraft with more than 50 seats. While G-jet was trying to write manuals and missed there operational date several times, Trans States Airlines flew thier "flight routes" for them for a month or so. They were new pairings that appeared and dissapeared for a month or so (not sure time frame). When they got the certificate, the flying went away from TSA and went to g-jet. "flight routes" can be flown by a 50 seat jet or a 70 seat jet.

You need to learn a new vocabulary to express what you think that they are
Before you start defending "them" you need to educate yourself on why g-jet was started and why TSA management decided to hire from off the street instead of letting the pilots that are already employed by them to fly the airplanes.

As stated before, TSA is getting rid of some J41's and have threatend to furlough. Now do you really want to work for a company that would rather hire off the street and then put thier own pilots on the street?

Last edited:
UEJ500 said:
Wrong!! 4 Management pilots tried to certify the Teamsters before they were an actual airline. They do not have any representation and are at the whim of the company.

question:

I dont know too much about Labor Unions but I was wondering what is the relationship like between ALPA and the Teamsters? Are they not both a part of AFL-CIO? Why would the Teamsters want to represent a group that ALPA is trying to get rid of?

G-jet listed as one of the participants at Air Inc's Job Fair in ATL this weekend. Wonder how long the line will be to meet with them..
(No I am not going)

blackbox said:
question:

I dont know too much about Labor Unions but I was wondering what is the relationship like between ALPA and the Teamsters? Are they not both a part of AFL-CIO? Why would the Teamsters want to represent a group that ALPA is trying to get rid of?

I believe the Teamsters recently left AFL-CIO

they are still non-unionized. They are seeking representation by the Teamster, but they still have not received it. ALPA is objecting and I was told that ALPA went to the mediation board and won under one company one representation. I am not sure what's going on now and if the Teamsters will prevail. All that still does not matter. The fact still is that they are still considered by the majority of pilots to be SCABS. I've still yet to meet one pilot that does not look at them as SCABS. That includes: COMAIR, Expressjet, TSA, AWAC, Spirit, Jetblue, Eagle pilots I have spoke to about them. Every single one I spoke said the word "oh, aren't they that scab outfit that . . ."

Teamsters are not AFL-CIO. Also the picketing is informal, so there is no picket line since it's not a certfied lawful strike. If TSA strikes over the G-Jet issue it will be an unlawful job action per the Railway Labor Act. TSA will be with in it's rights to terminate those pilots.

This is not a defense of G-Jets, this is simply a statement of facts.

arthompson said:
Teamsters are not AFL-CIO. Also the picketing is informal, so there is no picket line since it's not a certfied lawful strike. If TSA strikes over the G-Jet issue it will be an unlawful job action per the Railway Labor Act. TSA will be with in it's rights to terminate those pilots.

This is not a defense of G-Jets, this is simply a statement of facts.

If TSA strikes over the GayJet issue in the course of it's lawfull negotiation process next year it WILL be a lawfull action. The scum over there are not "scabs" by the strictest definition however they are merely wannbees that don't rise up to the lofty levels of real scabs.

tj

Latest resources

Back