Congrat's The goose is cooked!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh Man.....

I completely agree - Regional pilots are among the best paid professionals in America. The FO's who make 34K after 4 years - They too are paid well. The 16K flight attendants....60K Captains....all among the highest paid. 15 hour duty days all the time, musical bases - all great stuff. Please PType - excuse me for even suggesting there is room for improvement. 95K? Oh yeah, that represents the masses at the Regionals.

Unless your "Commute" is a thousand mile flight, I'll stick with the Regional moniker. Give up some more scope and we'll have to call it "Domestic Airlines."

I, like most of the senior "Regional" pilots did not intend on being here so long. But due to 9-11, mainline bankruptcies, relaxed scope, economic turmoil, and age 65 were stuck here. All we can do is make our contracts better than when we got here. Unfortunately, the baby boomer pilots have destroyed the industry by starting "commuter" airlines contracts so low, refusing to fly turboprops at mainline, refusing to fly 50 seat jets at mainline, selling scope for the false sense of protection in their own jobs, and now whining to get age 65 passed.

You want to point fingers, point them at yourself. Anyone of use would have flown anywhere for any pay, to get into the industry. You can't blame the 21 year old that has an opportunity to fly at a regional, you would have do it too. In the 60's they would have gone straight to UAL (with NO licenses or college). Now those same guys, shame the regional pilots (with all their ratings and a 4-year aviation degree) saying that they are unsafe and have no place in the industry.

The shame, the demise of the industry, all that fault lies solely on the mainline pilots shoulders.

Going to UAL with hardly anything meant you flew sideways or right seat for a very long time with guys with tons of experience. RJ pukes in the right seat have just a little less time than the RJ pukes in the left seat. Aviation degrees are not worth the paper they are written on. I have jumpseated on two RJs in my life and will never get on another one again. One time the two pimple faces couldnt identify the body of water they were flying over. It was the Chesapeeke Bay. The other time the two pukes were heading towards a line of weather and were not operating the radar properly. The Captain changed his mind 4 times and the FO sat there with his finger in his nose.

Going to UAL with hardly anything meant you flew sideways or right seat for a very long time with guys with tons of experience. RJ pukes in the right seat have just a little less time than the RJ pukes in the left seat. Aviation degrees are not worth the paper they are written on. I have jumpseated on two RJs in my life and will never get on another one again. One time the two pimple faces couldnt identify the body of water they were flying over. It was the Chesapeeke Bay. The other time the two pukes were heading towards a line of weather and were not operating the radar properly. The Captain changed his mind 4 times and the FO sat there with his finger in his nose.

That's right. All the more reason to end this stupidity of having contracted flights. Why couldn't "mainline" pilots fly Jetstreams, Dash-8s, and CRJs?

I thought about it, looked at my life at the company, recognized that being there and accepting it made me part of the problem, and quit.

And if people like you who are not going to work for sub-par wages keep quitting, then there are very few left who will stand up and be men and vote NO NO NO NO!!! On all of these rat bastard TA's that come around. All that is left are the pablum puking sissies who loooove to fly!! They do it for the looooove! Just one big looooove fest. While the few men like me who are trying to actually earn a living and support our families are left surrounded by these buffoons who only know how to cave in to everything management asks. Thanks for being a quitter and leaving me to work with these sissies with sunflower seed sized balls that know nothing other than bending over and taking it so deep by management they feel a tickle in their throats!

You know what.....Your right!
Now, I gotta go. Got to study my NOAA maritime maps before I start my 4 day with my furloughed ATA FO. Got to remember my logbook too, so I can put in those last tenths, that will help the 11,000 hours TT. Damn...another pimple. Hope the 9 treats me well this week.

Does the fact you're at AirTran, somehow make you a better pilot at 5,000 hours than a 5, 10, 15 thousand hour RJ pilot? There are way more of those, then there are 1501 hour pilots with a fresh ATP.

Oh, by the way, the AirTran certificate was started by a bunch of your "regional pukes".

Latest resources

Back