• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Congrats Go Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's not a cost problem. It is a MANAGEMENT PROBLEM. These people don't get it. DO NOT let them get you into thinking you need to help out and give some money to help the cost problem. Look where that got XJT.

Fly your contract and go home. This place isn't worth it.
No, I believe it's a structural problem built into the industry, created by ALPA. It was ALPA who originally agreed to RJ outsourcing, the ultimate pilot B-scale, in order to subsidize the higher pay of the "major" pilots. It was ALPA who didn't try to put the cat back in the bag in 2000 when they had an opportunity to push for a DAL/CMR/ASA merge. It was also ALPA that created the longevity pay-scale concept that prevents good pilots from leaving bad airlines. This is the only industry where experienced professionals are not valued across company lines.

This is not a problem management can fix. The seniority system inherently creates higher-cost airlines as time progresses, so that more recently created airlines have a distinct cost advantage. A 10 year old airline will almost always be able to outbid a 30 year old airline. Pilots get caught in the middle of this ponzi scheme, and it is pure luck if you can make it through your career without your job and barely liveable pay being pulled out from underneath you, forcing you to start over at the bottom yet again. All for the purpose of continuing to subsidize those at the very top of the pyramid.

The worst thing is, there's almost no way of transitioning to a more stable system. So we have to keep relying on luck to protect our own personal careers.

No, I believe it's a structural problem built into the industry, created by ALPA. It was ALPA who originally agreed to RJ outsourcing, the ultimate pilot B-scale, in order to subsidize the higher pay of the "major" pilots. It was ALPA who didn't try to put the cat back in the bag in 2000 when they had an opportunity to push for a DAL/CMR/ASA merge. It was also ALPA that created the longevity pay-scale concept that prevents good pilots from leaving bad airlines. This is the only industry where experienced professionals are not valued across company lines.

This is not a problem management can fix. The seniority system inherently creates higher-cost airlines as time progresses, so that more recently created airlines have a distinct cost advantage. A 10 year old airline will almost always be able to outbid a 30 year old airline. Pilots get caught in the middle of this ponzi scheme, and it is pure luck if you can make it through your career without your job and barely liveable pay being pulled out from underneath you, forcing you to start over at the bottom yet again. All for the purpose of continuing to subsidize those at the very top of the pyramid.

The worst thing is, there's almost no way of transitioning to a more stable system. So we have to keep relying on luck to protect our own personal careers.

BINGO....100% correct sir...Well stated!

Rocket Science..

Hey GoJet guys, how senior is your pilot group?

We have a seniority list filled with guys who have been here since the 80's all making well over 100k on our 18 year payscale.

If GoJet is able to keep it's pilots happy enough to stay onboard at their current benefits and payscale while we do the same at an additional $30-40 per hour I guess it makes sense that we have been outbid.

--

I guess this is how the majors feel when ASA takes their routes.

Anger over GoJets is really directed at the wrong group. It isn't the GoJet pilots who are responsible for this. It is ALPA and greedy management. But ALPA is a big player that deserves the blame for a lot of this. Hulas Koolaid-nas and his management cronies did try to see if ALPA could come up with something agreeable for the bigger RJs. ALPA, overconfident and flexing their muslces, tried to play a game of hardball and it failed. It also bit them in the a$$. GoJets is actually a by-product of an ALPA failure. And, in one of life's little ironies, became the same place that ALPA sanctioned to send its furloughed pilots from United.

Rocket Science..

Hey GoJet guys, how senior is your pilot group?

We have a seniority list filled with guys who have been here since the 80's all making well over 100k on our 18 year payscale.

If GoJet is able to keep it's pilots happy enough to stay onboard at their current benefits and payscale while we do the same at an additional $30-40 per hour I guess it makes sense that we have been outbid.

--

I guess this is how the majors feel when ASA takes their routes.

Spot on fellas!

ASA/XJT/SKW is screwed. Even Air Mekong cut back 1 plane. Our cost structure blows up the regional model and no paycut will fix it. If youre a younger guy, I would wait to see who takes the rest of our planes and abandon ship

Spot on fellas!

ASA/XJT/SKW is screwed. Even Air Mekong cut back 1 plane. Our cost structure blows up the regional model and no paycut will fix it. If youre a younger guy, I would wait to see who takes the rest of our planes and abandon ship

Is that your plan? Will you be turning in your 2 week notice?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back