• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Complete Incompetence!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My nine year old would be the first to tell you that he wouldn't enjoy being stuck on a plane for that long, so do you honestly think the crews weren't doing everything in their power to get the customers back to the gate? I agree, this was handled poorly and management admitted to that. But to sit here and bash crews for their apparent "unhumane" actions is flat out appalling. By the way, I don't think this happened to just JB either. Guess this thread proves we're not all professional.

Hey Man...11 hours is along time to sit up front. You think the crew were to scared to leave the cockpit to piss ? Not only is this pure incompetence, but to be unable to develope a plan in 11 hours is even sadder. Let's not forget the overall "New york" mentallity. You think port authority had a plan to help out ? That corner of the Northeast is filled with the most inept folk you can find. I thought the south was bad.....

BBB...As Captain, what would you have done to save the lives of those passengers ? Would you have Bodly told them "This is your Captain speaking: Buckle up...I'm gonna ram the terminal with the plane and get you all inside one way or another".....There's blame everywhere...but what gets me is the lack of no plan by any company or airport for this type of problem. That's where the true incompetence comes from....

P.S. Fire up the hoo-ka and relax....

BBB has shown himself as another spoon-fed military pilot who has shown up here in the real world with no real clue on what we do and the issues we face on a day to day basis.

Im sorry, but this whole "frozen to the tarmac" rationale is ...laughable. You must be kidding me! This is the ultimate b/s catch phrase to put the icing on the cake. They wanted to get the aircraft to the gate, but it was frozen to the ground...oh please!

Idea 1: get some deice fluid on it. Low pressure, spray a little on the ground around the gear. Hillary wont allow that, it hurts the environment. Idea 2, get a friggin mx down there with a shovel. Idea 3 pour the coals to it...screw the greenhouse gasses.

Incompetence. Lack of overall operational experience? Naw, just a poor choice of words to the media and that damn global warming. ;)

See, global warming is affecting everything. :0 Not many snowstorms anymore, mgmt does not know how to deal with it when it does finally happen.

Airplanes frozen to the tarmac just dosen't fly with me.

Last edited:
jetz, were you there? if so you would have noticed that the whole airport was an ice skating ring, groung equipment, tugs, de-ice trucks were usless trying to drive on ice. also, the port authority had issues with trucks drivin on taxiways. what a tool...

the port authority had issues with trucks drivin on taxiways. what a tool...

What about the airport manager allowing airplanes on the taxiway, that fire trucks cant even drive on. You got to put some of the blame with the airport manager. I sure he will fire someone else for his lack of management.

Latest resources

Back