• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Complete Incompetence!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+2]Passengers fit to be tied after parked-plane ordeal[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana][SIZE=-2] [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana][SIZE=-2] By Leslie Miller
Associated Press
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana][SIZE=-2]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1] WASHINGTON — After being stuck for 11 hours on a parked airplane during a snow and ice storm, JetBlue passengers found out there's nothing they can do about it.
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] There are no government regulations limiting the time an airline can keep passengers on grounded aircraft.
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] The airlines' voluntary code of conduct simply says that during such extraordinary delays, they will make "reasonable efforts" to meet passenger needs for food, water, restroom facilities and medical assistance.
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] Airlines have blocked attempts to set minimum legal standards for customer service by agreeing to a voluntary code of conduct that they have not always followed.
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] On Wednesday, hundreds of JetBlue passengers were stuck for as long as 11 hours in parked jets at John F. Kennedy International Airport during the winter storm.
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] Sean Corrinet of Salem, Mass., spent almost nine hours aboard a JetBlue flight for Cancun, Mexico, that never got off the ground.
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] "It was like — what's the name of that prison in Vietnam where they held McCain? The Hanoi Hilton," Corrinet said, referring to Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] He said the crew passed out bags of chips — the only food available — and periodically cracked the hatch to let in fresh, cool air.
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] The airline acknowledged that it hesitated nearly five hours before calling for a fleet of buses to unload at least seven jets that spent the day sitting on runways because of the weather and congestion at the gates.
[/FONT]

SteelCity said:
"Interesting story, isn't it? 'Oh, what'd you do this week? I sat around Pittsburgh Airport,' " said Chirico, 40, of New Castle, Lawrence County, as she killed time in an airport gate nine hours after she was set to fly to John F. Kennedy International Airport. "I'm glad they found out now, rather than when we landed, that we had no brakes. ... But don't they check?"

*sigh*

I guess they'd rather have spent 11 hours on the airplane instead of being at a gate "without TVs or radios".

Wanting compensation because of a mechanical issue??? YGBSM.

"It was like — what's the name of that prison in Vietnam where they held McCain? The Hanoi Hilton," Corrinet said, referring to Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.

Wow... That bad, huh? Hmmm...lemme see...so they hung you backwards by your wrists...and twisted your shoulders out of their sockets...periodically re-broke your arms...starved you, almost to death, in isolation, mentally tortured/humiliated you and paraded you down the 'tarmac' so angry village rampers and fuelers could throw rocks at you? JB should be ashamed...

Hey Corrinet, do a little research...you'll have plenty of time while 'suffering' on your way to Cancun. Not only does this statement portray how incredibly ignorant, whiney and pathetic some of our flying public can be...even worse, the media has the audacity to print such a ridiculous statement. Never an agency to allow the facts to get in the way of a juicy story...

First the media...then come the lawyers in the heated race to the bottom...

Believe little of what you hear from these fools...

D1

Frozen brakes jolt JetBlue fliers' plans in Pittsburgh

By Justin Vellucci and Jim Ritchie
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, February 16, 2007

Angie Theodoridis left her Moon home two hours before dawn .

I must have been sleeping a long time. How did I not know about this? There was nothing in the news about a moon base.

Last edited:
When this happened a few years back at NWA, they ended up settling out of court for something like 9 million dollars. Lawyers will be all over this one.

Now-a-days NWA just cancels everything the day before so it never happens again.

I just love the company's response to these massive screwups! I will have to remember those if I tank a sim or land at the wrong airport........"Let's see....about the sim....there were definately chances for me to do better in there......I'm I still busted"?

bbb, your a total idiot. you have no clue as to the facts that day. your just upset they turned you down. moron- get a life.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back