• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Complete Incompetence!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How could any rational thinking aircrew strand passengers on an airplane without air, power, functioning lavs, or food for up to 11 hours?

For the love of baby jesus I can only imagine it is because JetBlue has no union and the incompetent captain and even more frightened FO fears for their jobs should they start an APU or leave an engine running (like normal pilots would!). After an hour, any NORMAL pilot would have DEMANDED that the EMPTY airplane at the gate be towed clear and we be towed/taxi in. Apparently Jetblue has cornered the market on absolute freakin' MORONS (captains) that sit in a holding pen for up to 11 HOURS with no electricity, no air, no food, no functioning lavatories and no freakin' brains! As a passenger I would have called 911 and called a halt to the INSANITY many hours before!

You IDIOTS at JetBlue deserve congressional intervention in the form of a passenger bill of rights because you are TOO STUPID to regulate yourselves! Have I mentioned that because of your STUPIDITY congress will finally force some guidance upon you!

Honest to God... stranding families in the back of your aluminum tube with no electricity, no flow of air, no heat, no meaningful food, no functioning lavatories and no information for up to 11 HOURS is such an abysmal FAILURE of the most basic kind as to require no further explanation. Apparently multiple idiot crews were involved in this unbelievable debacle... which makes me wonder if ALL the pilots at this poor airline all fear for their job and put safety of passengers second to keeping their crappy, low-paying job!

BBB

Wow! Is it that you didn't get past Phase I? Relax dude, you're gonna blow a head gasket and ruin your whole "high-and-mighty" career.

-PB

You had a half dozen or more instances of complete and utter incompetence on the part of JetBlue leadership and you are wondering where the problem lies? OMG! You guys at JetBlue really are clueless!

BBB

Amen! But that is the direct result of the one and only requirement to get hired here: must be willing to wheel a paraplegic up the jetway and must be willing to clean cabins.

To those that want to blow a slide or an overwing hatch to escape being trapped:
This very scenario was brought up by Bill O'Reilly to Judge Napolitano. The judge told Bill O that anyone that does that faces 20 years in jail due to the Patriot Act and laws made to protect airplanes and crews and unauthorized entrance onto airport property.
Have fun in jail.

Hell, if it was me, I would just clamp the cigar in my teeth a little tighter and power out of being frozen to the "tarmac" by firewalling the throttles. Screw the guys behind me with all their expensive, sissified data devices hanging all over their sissy planes. Then when I broke her free, I'd have kept those engines maxxed out and gone across the frozen infield! I'd would then change into my super hero costume and become UNIONMAN! I'd have made one radio call--and it would have been: Neelman, you'd better clear out gate 4--cause I'm a comin' in!!! That would get some action quick! I would play the throttles for directional control because my gear would collapse going across the ice banks, and I knew that since the aircraft was 4 feet shorter now, I would probably ram ground equipment with both wings, but I would keep up the power and as my destroyed aircraft settled at the gate, I would look up at the startled gate agent and say "Lower it bitch--these people are waiting"

Hell, if it was me, I would just clamp the cigar in my teeth a little tighter and power out of being frozen to the "tarmac" by firewalling the throttles. Screw the guys behind me with all their expensive, sissified data devices hanging all over their sissy planes. Then when I broke her free, I'd have kept those engines maxxed out and gone across the frozen infield! I'd would then change into my super hero costume and become UNIONMAN! I'd have made one radio call--and it would have been: Neelman, you'd better clear out gate 4--cause I'm a comin' in!!! That would get some action quick! I would play the throttles for directional control because my gear would collapse going across the ice banks, and I knew that since the aircraft was 4 feet shorter now, I would probably ram ground equipment with both wings, but I would keep up the power and as my destroyed aircraft settled at the gate, I would look up at the startled gate agent and say "Lower it bitch--these people are waiting"

Hahahaha

I've said it before, I'll say it again, GET ME JOE PATRONI. I'll be back in time if I have to pull that plane out with my teeth! Let us put it this way: You promised me a box of cigars if I pull this off, right? Well, what're you standing here for? Go get 'em! You chickened out on me! I told you I wanted all the power you got! Who do ya think you're talking to, some kid that fixes bicycles? I know every inch of the 707! Take the wings off this and you could use it as a TANK! This plane is built to withstand anything... except a bad pilot. This was not meant as an insult; I've just watched that movie far too many times!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back