• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass or SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
False facade? On an anonymous website..... Hmmm. Wow, you are a genius. Btw, I am an airline CEO. Bye!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wow, with this kind of response, you are supplying your own rope to continue hanging yourself with.

Bye Bye---Genital Warts

If I feel like calling him out, then I will do so. Until such a time occurs, it is none of your concern to question what I do or do not think of him.

Ahhh don't flatter yourself skipper...I don't concern myself with people who are easily manipulated mentally on a forum...

Go to compass...hulas has owned the place for three years now and hasn't it burnt it down too bad yet. Compass is an operational and performance gem for TSA holdings and I don't think that they are too concerned with shaking up the place anytime soon. Obviously this arguement is speculation, but a lot of the FOs have have PIC time here already and most of the captains are either waiting to flow or are currently looking elsewhere. No one, minus about 10 people are looking to stay here as opposed to Skyw. TSA knows that if they shake the tree too hard MOST of the apples will fall especially with the upcoming hiring at Delta and elsewhere. Again skyw is a good company, but what do you ultimately want? Longer upgrades or shorter upgrade and keep moving ? ....At the end of the day they're all regionals and they gonna suck one way or another. If you're really concerned about flying with hot FAs, then yes, as dumb as that argument sounds, don't go to compass.

I'm not trying to argue with you or saying one company is better than the other. Don't get me wrong, I hope all that happens to SkyWest.

As far as Compass, what draws me is their movement. They have just over 500 pilots, and around 300-350 have flows to Delta at a rate of 120 pilots a year. That's some incredible movement. Like I said, I had always wanted to go to SkyWest, but I look at the movement at Compass is it's pretty appealing. Quick to a line, and then your QOL increases. I'd love to live in Denver, but I have friends at SkyWest that are siting reserve after 2 years. Again, they haven't hired much in those two years so that's subject to change, and I'm sure it will go down. Another appealing thing about Compass is their pilot group is young, and they don't have the longevity like many of the other regionals which I think will help keep their costs in line with what Delta wants. They also have only 70 seaters which is what the trend is nowadays.

Again, I'm not trying to say who's the better company. I think they are both fantastic, but I'm just trying to get opinions to my reasoning for choosing one or the other. I may not even get the job at SkyWest either...

You definitely sound like Compass material. Good luck in your future endeavors.

You definitely sound like Compass material. Good luck in your future endeavors.

What is "Compass material" ?

I had to laugh at some of the posts in this thread.

As if non-rev priority on outsourced metal and hot flight attendants are things to be considered when deciding which way to steer one's career at a pivotal time in the industry.

I'm a neutral vote here: poor2thecore, if you are single mid 20s and don't care about bases as you've mentioned, I think you would be absolutely crazy to not go to Compass over SkyWest in this pair of choices.

Nothing wrong with SKW but CPZ is about to get a new contract and the flow movement will most likely be attrition that is proportionally unrivaled by any other airline maybe in history. You just don't see a quarter of a seniority list disappear in a matter of months, and you ought to try to take advantage of that because it is about to happen.

Latest resources

Back