• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass/Mesaba best positioned

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta still has Shuttle getting 175s to replace 170s so why would you keep 2 carriers? One has experiance and one is startup Wouldnt it make sense to bring them all under one house and save the money? Just a thought
Because Compass ALREADY has the 175 and NOBODY over 1 year pay!!!!!!!

Delta still has Shuttle getting 175s to replace 170s so why would you keep 2 carriers? One has experiance and one is startup Wouldnt it make sense to bring them all under one house and save the money? Just a thought

Because it allows for Whipsaw!

On the other hand, there are no restrictions on Compass soliciting business from other airlines. It also allows DL/NW to offer a competitor to Republic et.al. for the 170's.

Thats how they save money.
Sucks for us.

Because it allows for Whipsaw!

On the other hand, there are no restrictions on Compass soliciting business from other airlines. It also allows DL/NW to offer a competitor to Republic et.al. for the 170's.

Thats how they save money.
Sucks for us.

I agree. "Hey Republic, you want more flying, well cut this cost, this cost etc."

Because Compass ALREADY has the 175 and NOBODY over 1 year pay!!!!!!!

Incorrect, we have senior pilots that were flying the CRJ since early last year that are on Year 2 pay, as well as several NWA furloughees that, in accordance with the flowdown agreement, started here at Year 3 captain rates.

But your basic point, that Longevity is keeping costs down at Compass as much as the craptastic contract nwa alpa saddled us with, is correct.

This is just an excerpt from a letter I recieved from Compass today.

"We are very optimistic and excited about the merger, and feel it puts us in an excellent position. Neither NWA or Delta anticipate furloughs, therefore no flowbacks. NWA/Delta did confirm that they will be honoring the flow through agreement Compass has with NWA, and once merged the agreement will continue with the global Delta. "

Does anyone have any of the text that confirms this in the TA or other Agreement?

The equation is simple at Compass....Big RJ +Low Pay = Winner!

Sorry...There are those who are, but I'm not flying around 70+ people plus first class for less than I'm making now.

Money talks and the other walks. Listen to wall street and the brokerage firms. They are privy to insider info that comes out.

The 15 Delta 175's that begin arriving this summer for RAH are all going to be configured exactly the same as the Compass birds. What that means I don't know?

The 15 Delta 175's that begin arriving this summer for RAH are all going to be configured exactly the same as the Compass birds. What that means I don't know?

I think you should always prepare for the worst but hope for the best. Alot pilots just need to stop being soooo negative and declaring that this will bring about the apocalypse

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back