Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Medeco

SQUIB
Just heard them say in the press conference that Mesaba and Compass have the best cost structure within the Regional partners and they look to get the contract carriers more in line with these wholly owned carriers. That they are positioned to grow.

Also stated there will be shuffling within the contract partners.

Medeco

looks like consolidation is coming to the wholly owned regionals of the merged carrier.

It doesn't make much sense as far as wholly owned goes though. The recent push has been to get away from it. Why change now?

The only problem with that is Compass will be flown by all the furloughed NWA/DAL pilots.

Don't forget that ASA has 80% of all of the DCI flying in the largest hub ATL. I feel pretty good about our position.

Compass and Mesaba have the lowest longevity....thus the lowest costs....Senior employees are far more expensive than junior employees.....

Ironic that the cheapest regional is now a mainline negotiated contract at Compass....The fact is Compass and MidAtlantic type mainline deals undercut all the regionals as they try to "recapture" flying....

Alright I have to go there. "If you'd like to axe a question" reminds me of that delta cartoon from a while back.

Latest resources

Back