• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass air lines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are calling it increased utilization, but I do not know how those jets can fly any more than they are.

Actually ACL, the airplanes sit around way too much. Many sit for 2,3,4 hours at a time in MSP. It wouldn't be hard at all to increase utilization. Not sure if thats really good for anybody though.

I interviewed last week and we heard the same thing. Did they select the pilots for all 3 classes in Dec. yet? I haven't heard anything yet...More classes are scheduled for next year already.
Did they say anything about the schedule of classes in Jan or Feb?

how hard are they on the 1000 multi? I have 2300 total, 800 multi, prior 121, and an ATP.... since I am not selecting 1000 multi, am I going to be kicked out of the system by a computer?

Wow, this is exactly opposite of what i see happening. The shift of domestic flying is happening all over. Its not going to slow down. Scope will be traded away for higher wages. Todays regionals will be doing the 100 seat flying all over the US in 10 to 15 years. Its not like DAL or AA are going to be ordering 100's of new 737's or 320's down the road. The E175's are the new 737. UAL is already making the shift away from them and look for a lot of the 320's to slowly go over time. DAL will do the same thing. They will have to have furloughs there in the next 2 years cuz the DCI's will be doing more of it.
I'n not sayin i like it, but the trend is obvious. Chepaer wages and more frequency. That's why companies like Allegiant, AT (& SWA to some extent), are changing the game of domestic flying. The days of starting at UAL, DAL or AA and moving up through all 5 of their types to retire in a 747 are long gone. Just look around. 3,000 PIC flying an RJ is useless. Where are you gonna go?

Do not know where you are getting your information from, but AA has 73 more 737s on order. United is currently in talks with Airbus and Boeing for up to 150 narrow and wide body aircraft. And USAirway has 74 more A320 family aircraft on order.

Interviewed on the 17th with a really nice Mesaba guy. Young too, no ATP or anything. So they definately are interviewing all sorts of guys. Got the job. They called me in less than 24 hours! December 16th class of 6. The first class of 6 on Dec 3rd was already full. They will be running another just before the end of the year and then 6 every other week starting in January until all 67 positions are filled. Everyone was great and the interview was very layed back and really, really friendly. Not one tech question. Really we just told storries and talked for about 30 minutes. The gouges may not be current except for the ATP written questions.

Great experience, I am looking forward to being back in a flight deck after a year and a half in the real world.

Not info just speculation. I would be surprised if UAL puts in a substantial order for narrows considering their cash shortage. Even with deals offered by Boeing or AB they wont be taking on much long range debt with the forecast in the travel sector being so low. AA is replacing an aging fleet of MD80's but i would expect the overall narrow body aircraft to be much lower than Jan 2008 levels when all deliveries are completed (and subsequent Am Eagle to increase its operations).
I just (think) i see a trend. Again, if im wrong, great. But i think the entire game has changed regarding the Legacy's. If DAL hires in the next 4 years ill come back and say i was wrong.

Latest resources

Back