• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What I meant was leapfrogging you Buck in a seniority integration. There are some over at DCI that feel they should be senior to you. That is what will not fly.

And yes Joe, I have not changed my tune no matter how hard CRJ567 tries to tell people I had. I hated the outsourcing of mainline jobs when I was at ASA. Personally did not bid up until I had to.

If you hated it so much, you could've went to a different airline.

True. I hated the outsourcing. IMHO as a regional pilot you really do not have much control over scope. Except of course the occasional lawsuit. I just hope that my brethren hold the line from here on out.

When Comair, ASA, Pinnacle and who ever decide that they are going to put ALL of their seats up for grabs for flow downs, no questions asked, then they get a seat at the table.

They'd be certifiably crazy to do that. Way too much risk for way too dubious a benefit. You can just about bet that a flowdown will happen, while a flowup will usually find some real legitimate excuse not to happen.

This is just one man talking, but there's no way I will trust the mainline MECs enough to put up my seat unconditionally just to get a "seat at the table".

They'd be certifiably crazy to do that. Way too much risk for way too dubious a benefit. You can just about bet that a flowdown will happen, while a flowup will usually find some real legitimate excuse not to happen.

This is just one man talking, but there's no way I will trust the mainline MECs enough to put up my seat unconditionally just to get a "seat at the table".

So be it. Now you know why it has not happened. No benefits without the risk as well. You'll get the memo.

So be it. Now you know why it has not happened. No benefits without the risk as well. You'll get the memo.

Thanks. Where I come from, we like our risk to be commensurate with the benefits, not outweigh them hundreds to one.

Thanks. Where I come from, we like our risk to be commensurate with the benefits, not outweigh them hundreds to one.

If it was a sure bet, then it would be no bet at all. Those of us at mainline had to anti up a few years of low pay and hope that we chose the right company and not get furloughed. Now you want a seat at the table at no charge. Forget it my man, you guys need to anti up.

If it was a sure bet, then it would be no bet at all. Those of us at mainline had to anti up a few years of low pay and hope that we chose the right company and not get furloughed. Now you want a seat at the table at no charge. Forget it my man, you guys need to anti up.

I don't want a seat at no charge, I want a seat at a fair price. Me giving up my seat 100% to a furloughed mainliner in return for a "maybe" (at best) is not a fair price, at least, not to me.

Oh, and it's ante up, but I digress.

Latest resources

Back