• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Communism Gaining Ground?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good grief, T.B.! Do you even understand what science is? The reason we have science is because there is no "ultimate knowledge" of our environment!

Forgive me for not making myself more clear.

Perhaps I should have said the ultimate knowlege in the universe at any given moment.

In other words, evolution is a part of the idea that we are alone, and our existence is by chance, where a few molecules happened to exist and were fortunate enough to find one another and for no explainable reason (other than creation) began to change over time from a state of entrophy to an array of highly organized species.

That a lot of activity and organization in a world where science has already decided that the natural state of any system is to move from an organized state to a disorganized state.

NO evolutionist has been able to explain to anyone how such a reversal has happened.

Last edited:
Have you been a conservative, and can speak to both sides?
Yes ... for many, many years. Which is probably where I get my notions about abortion and affirmative action which are so unpopular with my circle of tree-hugging, Doc Martin-wearing friends.

Now I'm a dedicated Centrist. Weighing the evidence in all issues and making an informed opinion. Some of my opinions are liberal ... some conservative.

:D

Minh "Former Right-winger" Thong

Actually, Snakum, I wasn't asking you, but I'm glad you had the additional insights.

America is a place of varying opinions about a great number of subjects, whether you talk about religion, politics, or even "pitch vs power".

Sharing these insights helps keep us sharp, and our lives vital.

Last edited:
Timebuilder said:
NO evolutionist has been able to explain to anyone how such a reversal has happened.
If by "anyone" you mean those who insist that the Bible posesses some supernatural quality, you're absolutely correct.

Those of us who thirst for knowledge and disdain self-delusion are comfortable with evolution. It answers a lot more questions than the Bible does.

Going back to my comments to TonyC: tell me, T.B., if evolution is a sham, why do Right whales initially form in the womb with both teeth and baleen, then lose the teeth as they gestate? If the Bible is accurate, then those whales should be perfectly formed from the moment of conception. The fact is that those fetal tooth-buds are a remnant from a creature farther down the evolutionary chain. The fossilized remains of those creatures (I don't recall the name, but I'll look it up) have been well documented by biologists.

But since it's not layed out in Genesis, you are required to ignore such evidence. In fact, you're probably going to tell me that those biologists manufactured all of this to discredit religion.

Go ahead and believe that if it makes you feel better.

Timebuilder said:
In fact, there is no proof whatsoever for either creationism or evolution. We can say that carbon dating provides "proof", but is our carbon dating an infallible test?

Maybe Typhoon can enlighten us as to the margin of error of carbon dating. In any case, you affirmed my original point for me...

Timebuilder said:
...the theory of evolution is any more pertinent that the account of creation.

Thanks again for making my point.

Timebuilder said:
Proof, from the mind of a human, has a very specific tint to it. I requires a couple of ideas as immutable. One, the idea that our science is the ultimate knowlege of our environment, and two, that there is no God who says otherwise.

Well... almost. Science is a LOGICAL and mathematically PROVEN method to test and verify ideas. I can prove temperature lapse rate is 2 degrees per 1000 feet gain in altitude because I can measure it. Why don't you use science and math to describe creationism. Then maybe, just maybe I will agree that creationism is a theory.

SK:cool:

Last edited:
If the Bible is accurate, then those whales should be perfectly formed from the moment of conception.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that every creature is precisely as was first formed by God. That's an idea that people have, and as such it is a fallible idea. The Bible DOES say that they were ALL formed by God, though. God can change a creature any time He wants to. I know he changed me. :)

I don't have to "ignore" anything to be a practicing believer. All I have to do is trust God that the things that we humans might assume to be "evidence" of some part of His word being "incorrect", is the fact that we don't have sufficient knowlege to fully understand Him and His ways. Secondly, we also know that Satan is working to mislead us all the time, and hoping we will jump to conclusions over something as insignificant as the tooth of a whale.

Last edited:
Timebuilder said:
...we also know that Satan is working to mislead us all the time, and hoping we will jump to conclusions over something as insignificant as the tooth of a whale.
I knew this was coming eventually..."the Devil made me do it."

We've come so far... :rolleyes:

Timebuilder said:
Nowhere in the Bible does it say that every creature is precisely as was first formed by God. That's an idea that people have, and as such it is a fallible idea. The Bible DOES say that they were ALL formed by God, though. God can change a creature any time He wants to. I know he changed me. :)

If God is truly infallible, can he create a rock that he cannot lift? Careful how you answer...

If by "anyone" you mean those who insist that the Bible posesses some supernatural quality, you're absolutely correct.

No, I mean that no scientist, Christian or otherwise, has a good explanation of why a chaotic group of gasses and chemicals (now, where the heck did THEY come from??) became organized into progressively higher, more complex organisms. Science has already accepted the idea that organized systems degrade into more chaotic systems by the law of entrophy, and there is no explanation of this law moving in the reverse fashion, which it would have to do for evolution to be correct.

The answer, of course, is that God not only created the elements but He used His infinite power to organize these elements in such a way that life exists.

If God is truly infallible, can he create a rock that he cannot lift? Careful how you answer...

Here is the answer, but you won't like it.

We have just enough knowlege to ask such a question, but we do not have enough wisdom to answer it.

Latest resources

Back