• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comments that piss you off good.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Probably about the same time many of you stop being so impressed with yourselves that you're wounded when someone doesn't fall at your feet and recognize you as a PILOT.

In other words...it will probably never happen.

Have cancer, have you? Might be a long wait.

OK...so if you are a janitor, and you are standing next to a plane, and the passengers mistake you for the pilot, you should just hop on in and "play" the role of the pilot? After all, whats the big deal? Good grief..

Apples and oranges, and nonsense, too. A janitor flying the airplane (if he isn't employed or qualified to do so) is stupidity.

A pilot carrying someone's bags because he is asked, is not. Nor is a pilot helping an old man who's soiled himself, or pointing out the tool aisle in walmart.

At issue here are pilots who are "pissed off good" because they aren't recognized as pilots right away. It's a vanity thing. Pilots who are put out because they aren't given the respect they're vain enough to believe they deserve...that's pathetic.

No comparison at all to an unqualified custodian who attempts to fly an airplane because he or she has been asked. What a stupid comparison...yet no more stupid than getting worked up or losing sleep over not being gushed over as a "pilot." Yes, good grief.

Even one poster here who feels that "in a parallel universe" he'd be justified in striking someone in the throat because they didn't recognize him as a pilot.

Wow, oh wow, are you folks full of yourselves. At what point did you take time out of your flight training to undergo vanity class?

avbug said:
Wow, oh wow, are you folks full of yourselves.

Wow. If THIS isn't irony at its finest. Avbug berating others for being full of themselves. :laugh:

The manager at my second job used to be a CFI, and every time I ask a question, he says, "What's the matter, there's not a checklist for that?"
It was funny the first couple of times...

sargeanb said:
The manager at my second job used to be a CFI, and every time I ask a question, he says, "What's the matter, there's not a checklist for that?"
It was funny the first couple of times...
Stop being so high and mighty. As a pilot, you are not above laughing at other peoples jokes, even if they aren't funny and annoy you.

/avbug

How come so many flight instructors and freight dogs here? Too young and inexperienced for pax? Bwahahaha!!! None of this stuff should get under your skin, it's just part of growing up. I used to hear this all the time, "Are you old enough to be a seargent?" "Yup, can't buy beer but I go get killed in some dirt hole though." Deal with the age jokes, everybody does.

I love it when I get asked in the airport where something is..... I look up, read the sign and point the direction of the arrow. I guess my cool uniform makes me smart or something..... Not.

The other favorite question I get is, "Are you a pilot?" (33 and too many years in the sun, I look old enough but there's always that nagging doubt) and my response is always, "The FAA says I am but I still don't believe them." The looks have been priceless.

When I had about 300+ hours I was doing the FBO waltz through XYZ airfield. After waiting about an hour a guy called me in to do an interview. He looked at my resume and left. After about 10 minutes he came back with a cup of coffee. He said," This is what your commercial ticket will get you, get outa here and come back when you have some real flight time." When I was running my own 135 I had many such "interviews." Remembering that one I would invite the pilot to go out to lunch with myself and "the boys." Being freight dogs they would all swap stories of what they had been through over the last year. When we got back I would ask the guy if he still wanted to work here, 9 times out of 10 they muttered thanks for lunch and they were gone. The ones that were interested I hired as van and truck drivers and they rode along with "the boys" on their days off. Most of the time they turned out to be my most productive and faithful employees. They walked away with about 3000 hours 1000 hours of multi and their ATP's, and a bunch of experience.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back