Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UA-RESURRECTED

Does this mean I failed?
Coworker: "So you're trying to get your pilots license"?

Me: "Yeah"

"But what is that going to do to for you? All that time and money and you just get a toy pilots license"....

WTF???........:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I've been flying freight for the past 4 years and I've been asked a variety of questions from relatives and friends who aren't in aviation.....

* So, do you want to become a commercial pilot anytime?
* Do cargo airplanes have to wait till all the pax airplanes have taken off?
My favourite.....Do cargo airplanes fly mostly at night because they are dirty?

Grrrrr....

Oh I got one for ya.

"you the pilot?" (While I'm in uniform, sitting at the conrols, talking to clearance.
"yep."
"You're not the pilot! You're not old enough!"
(This is where I always want to say something crazy, like, you're right... I'm stealing this plane, or I killed the pilot. You know, anything to get em riled up. But then again that story wouldn't pay off my loans...)

me:"Um sure"

i had to stop at walgreens one time on the way home from work to pick up some feminine "napkins" for my girlfriend, i wasnt paying attention to why the lady was taking forever to ring me up....she was reading my ID badge. they are plastic "airline" type says what airport FBO your postition and such and she reads flight instructor......."arnt you a little young to be a flight instructor" i wanted to reply with "arnt you old enough to work as a door greeter at walmart?" but i didnt have the heart to say and just said "they give me a gold star everytime i make it back with the plane intact, so far i have 3" and walked out

Kream926 said:
"they give me a gold star everytime i make it back with the plane intact, so far i have 3" and walked out

did you really say that, if you, you are my hero for 30 minutes! :D

UA-RESURRECTED said:
Coworker: "So you're trying to get your pilots license"?

Me: "Yeah"

"But what is that going to do to for you? All that time and money and you just get a toy pilots license"....

WTF???........:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
In an alternate universe or a different dimension, I would have web handed the nay sayer across the throat and as they hit the floor, I would have asked them how that "airway" obstruction thingy was working out for them.

However, since those other dimensions or alternate universes are not apparent to us, you'd be better off to simply tilt your head back and utter a deep chuckle at the pedestrian dunce.

The commercial pilot one really bugs me. Then I always think of something really cool to say 5 minutes after the moment has passed.

ive also used "no im the monorail conductor at disney"

When I was working as a CFI, I was giving this student (about 16 years old) an endorsement for a solo x-country. His mom was standing in the door way of my office. Next to her was one of the student's friend. She turned to him (the friend) and says. "These flight instructors are working as flight instructors to get more flight hours so they can be real pilots someday" I wanted to stop what I was doing and tell the mom to get the kid out of my office. All I said was " excuse me? real pilots?" she said "you know what I mean"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back