Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Coming up on 94 hours of Standby for the Month.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heck be glad you have a lounge chair, or be glad they put you in a hotel, or be glad they give you food, or be glad you get 10hrs.

Please get real....

I get your point, but disagree. It's typical for pilots that have gotten "comfortable" at a job to have your attitude. This isn't meant to discredit what you went through at NJ when it wasn't so great, I've heard all about it and I understand, but it isn't that way anymore for the most part.

The rest of the job market for pilots is fu(*&! I guess I should have said: just be glad you have a job with such a great company! Others would kill to have this job!

Just because the job market is cr@p doesn't mean we can't strive for more qol at work.

How have things changed since diesel left?

It wasn't that long ago was it? I've only been here 3.5 years, but qol at work has gotten a lot worse from my point of view.

Just because the job market is cr@p doesn't mean we can't strive for more qol at work.

It wasn't that long ago was it? I've only been here 3.5 years, but qol at work has gotten a lot worse from my point of view.

Specifically on what points and when did this trend start in your opinion?

How did you vote on the last contract?

As far as crew rot, min turns(overnights), and punitive scheduling. Progressively worse, but more so since the 07 IBB.

I voted no. I thought we were giving up too much.

Last edited:
I will say, there does see some punitive scheduling going on. Is that individual schedulers' issues or is that some orders from the top? I've wondered.

We broke the other day and had to pass the flight on to the backup crew and plane. They sent us to the hotel around 2 in the afternoon and shut us down and then gave us a 3 a.m. show at EJM in LUK. For what? There was no one there to back up and no trips scheduled. They ended up shooting themselves in the foot because a trip popped up and we didn't have the duty time to do it.

Luckily, this isn't the norm.

WE get to stay in the hotel at Flexjet for your scenario. Quit and come work for us if you don't like sitting in the FBO....

KMAN, what fleet are you in? Come on over to the X! Since IBB passed, I've only had to show before 1000 AM on day 1 three times so far!! Of course, this is a bit of a problem if you'd prefer the day 1 overtime, but as far as I'm concerned, it's been great!! I'd rather sleep in and do some running in the morning before heading off to work, rather than get the extra money but be half-asleep before I even get to the airport.

Flying has been a little slow this summer, but I don't recall having to hang around FBO's for more than six hours at a time. And seen a surprising amount of hotel show too.

So come on over!! (just remember that this fleet will be taking an extra hard a**-whooping as we move into busy season. Always does.)

No thank you, upgrades looking at least another 2 years at least(5 years total). Couple away from G FO. I rather sit and wait over there and come back later. Thanks for the offer.

Latest resources

Back