Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Coming up on 94 hours of Standby for the Month.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Freight Dog hit it on the head. You are truely blessed to have a job at Netjets (if you can actually call what we do work). Instead of taking this to your scheduling committee (can't wait for our contract to standup our committees), you come here and accomplish what. You show the world that fractional guys are a bunch of pilots who are self indulgent, whiners. Yes, a whiner. You call standby at the FBO abuse. What are they abusing, your sense of entitlement. Well, fortunately most will recognize that you fall into what I call the 10% rule. What ever the situation, you can count on 10% of your population to be your whiners, gold brickers, and all around never happy with _________ (fill in the blank).

It is no wonder most pilots are treated and paid horribly.

Not work huh? You are killing me. :(

As I sit going a little more insane, I just wonder why can't I be at the hotel working out or relaxing? This is nuts, We have 7 a/c on stand by. Why? So that the pie graph they show at the end of the month shows that they used us? Gotta love the 10 hr turn(5am by the way) for a 7 hour show for a ferry flight. WTF!

you must be new....Lets go over this.....YOUR GETTING PAID TO SIT ON YOUR ASS....Are you wanting to build time to go to UAL? Then sit there and enjoy the rest time..

Taken a little too serious

Fozzy, What we do is a profession, really not hard physical work. Take it for what it is. We make alot of difficult decisions every day and the consequences of a wrong or poor decision are very serious. Please take what I tried to say in context. We do need good contracts to avoid being exploited by management as just another commodity to manage. I agree that often we are our our worst enemies when it comes to compensation and work rules. I have a different opinion and weighed in over this subject because if you actually keep track of the number of hours you are on standby at the fbo that's really kinda funny.

You guys are sick. Bunch of work a holics. You guys totalty missed my point. Have fun sitting standby for nothing guys.

Kman, you miss the point. The fractional model means more earnings the less we fly in addition to sales. The customer pays a monthly management fee, and with less flying comes less expense to us.

I don't like sitting around doing nothing either, but the pay is the same. If you get tired of sitting, fatigue. That's why we have that policy.

How many times have i stated have enough coverage for backup and any pop of trips, but when scheduling starts to get stupid with the backups and standby(numerous examples in which I have stated multiple times before) its time to start releasing crews for hotel standby.

Wow it seems like you guys don't even read through the whole thread. If we are going to continue this thread, please offer more than stop whining, idiot, STFU, get another job. I have already heard it, and its obvious it is not happening
(at least not right now).

Kman, you miss the point. The fractional model means more earnings the less we fly in addition to sales. The customer pays a monthly management fee, and with less flying comes less expense to us.

I don't like sitting around doing nothing either, but the pay is the same. If you get tired of sitting, fatigue. That's why we have that policy.

Whats ur point? How does releasing excessive crews on standby, mess with the frac model?

you must be new....Lets go over this.....YOUR GETTING PAID TO SIT ON YOUR ASS....Are you wanting to build time to go to UAL? Then sit there and enjoy the rest time..

Sure UAL IS MY ULTIMATE GOAL. How did you know I need to build so more time? Your sooo smart. You must be old here right? I get paid to do a job and I have my limits like we all should.

So sitting in an overcrowded fbo,is rest huh? Maybe on your next overnight give up your room and stay at the fbo, we will save tons of money and you will get plenty of rest.

Tell ya what, maybe we should change the regs so that if we have a recliner, tv, internet, cookies, popcorn, and a shower it shouldn't even be considered duty. how does that sound? We could be in conutious rest at any fbo they would never have to sale a trip off ever.

Look guys I had 6 days of sitting standby almost 12 hours a day. Was I fatigued? No. Was I going insane? YEs!

Let me ask you this is there a limit? They could sit us standby for 14 hours a day for 7 days right? Is it right to call in fatigued because your tired of doing standby but not physically fatigued? Where is your limit?

Do you even have one? Kept jumping down my throat guys guess I like it, cause I kept coming back for more.

Last edited:
Whats ur point? How does releasing excessive crews on standby, mess with the frac model?

As a former leader said, it is what it is. Try and analyze scheduling and their reasons is not only foolish but a waste of time. In case you haven't figured it out yet, time on duty is far more important than productivity.

The fact is they own you for 14 hrs/day if there is a good crew and jet. Unless you are fatigued. Get over it, or volunteer/run for a committee and be proactive instead of bitching on a public forum.

Latest resources

Back