• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair's Sole Crash Survivor wants to fly again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This thread is exactly why I don't spend much time perusing the Regionals board anymore. What a bunch of pathetic little sh--s.

Cute.

Let me guess, you believe that the 'MAJORS' board is a step up in maturity and intellectual thought? So much so that you attack every one who posts here, typically regional pilots, as pathetic little "sh--s"?

Have you taken a look at some of the Delta/NW threads? Actually, come to think of it, I remember some great examples of professional, mature thoughts regading AirTran's contract on the great big, bad, 'MAJORS' board. PUH-Lease.

Grow up yourself, there, big guy.

Let me guess, you believe that the 'MAJORS' board is a step up in maturity and intellectual thought?
Yep. Maybe not a big step, but it's a step up.

Why shouldn't he fly again?

He was part of a flight crew that made an honest mistake. He did not maliciously choose the wrong runway. It's not like he took the wrong runway because it was easier/quicker/better for the crew.

He made a mistake. Every pilot, correction, every person, has made a mistake.

Ask around. There are true stories of guys getting caught in the cockpit drunk. Guys who falsified logbooks to get a job. And yes, even guys who allowed their FO to line up on the wrong runway, sidestep to the right runway, and then blatantly plan on lying to cover up their mistake. All of these guys got their jobs back.

He has paid, and will continue to pay, his price for this mistake. If he wants to get back in part 121, or even part 91, for that matter, and if he can hold the medical, good on him.

Your position or opinion on this matter is an indicator of your personality. I would support him in any way possible.

Last edited:
Nobody is 'tolerating' anything. We're trying to have a little compassion for someone that was the sole survivor of a crash that killed 49 people. He didn't get away with anything. He lost a leg and now has to somehow deal with the godawful idea that he played a part in this accident. What the ******************** is wrong with you?

Exactly!!!!!

Come on guys!

I guess you were never in Lexington before or after the accident during construction. The maps were wrong, pure and simple. I was there over one week AFTER the accident while Express Jet could not figure out how to get to the runway while using the taxiways they were told to use. I checked out their taxi clearance route on my map and it was impossible to do! The taxiways had different names than the map showed! I don't know if it was Jeppesen or the FAA or the Airport but I believe this to be a major contributing factor to the accident.

Come on, now. The runway was never THAT difficult to find in LEX. I don't care what you say about the construction, or the map. There is no excuse for that mistake. Having said that, I do agree that we are all "yets" and I have no motivation to talk bad about the First Officer. Good luck to him!

mayo, I've been into that airport dozens of times, and virtually every time before the crash, I remember saying "you know, this place is an accident waiting to happen." The runway configuration was an abortion. Add in some incorrect charts and you're bound to have a problem.

Latest resources

Back