• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair's New President/Other Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is your or anyone's best guess about Comair's future then??

It's going to be miserable here for a while...if not for good.
I think the writing on the wall can't get any more clear.
DAL has said that the 50 seaters have saturated the system, and they're doing away with them. DAL keeps handing the 900's to PCL and Mesaba.

Last time I flew, I saw 50's in remote, and another 10 or so parked over by the mx hangar with names removed.

I've been sending out resumes....getting out of this industry.

CRJ567,

Obviously you don't know the history!

First off the Comair pilots were not tools!

How about the Delta MEC was the tool!

How about you blame Delta. Mgmt laughed everyday when they saw how the union was bickering over this. It was a Comair policy not to hire a pilot if you did not resign your seniority number, not the unions.

Learn some history before you open your mouth and insert foot!

701EV

crj567, you are an IDIOT!

"The union prevented Comair from hiring any of the DAL furlough pilots for some reason I could never understand. If a guy is on furlough and wants to go to the bottom of the list as a new hire, who would care?"

Once again, an IDIOT, knows not what he speaks of.

No one, and I mean no one, prevented Delta furloughed pilots from being hired at Comair.

It was all about the resignation of the Delta pilot's seniority number with DAL.

Comair Management policy is for a newhire to give up his/her seniority at his/her previous carrier.

The Comair MEC was asked to change or help change the policy for Delta furloughees. For some unknown or stupid reason the Comair MEC were jerks about it and turned down the Delta Union folk.

The Comair MEC were complete asses about the whole thing but at no time did they, or any else at Comair, "prevent" Delta furloughed pilots from being hired.

crj567, you are an IDIOT!

I went back on reserve after 6 years here as an f/a. I expect it'll last indefinitely since we're furloughing more f/as next year.

I wonder why we didn't get the United flying JS talked about. It must be our costs. We might as well get rid of cookies too, all sodas and juices, and reduce to peanuts and water. That would save a TON of $. Apple juice is gone which will upset mothers with children. Gingerale is gone and that's popular too esp. with upset stomachs. Tomato juice is gone but not too many pax care about it that much I guess.

Thanks for the input.

Completely Revisionist....

Once again the lie is retold and the urban legend of Comair pilots screwing the Deltoids continues.

The policy about requiring seniority resignation was and still is Comair management policy, not Comair MEC policy. The Deltoids could have told their company (DAL) to tell the wholly owned management to change the policy, but they didn't. In fact they didn't ask for help from DAL management nor Comair management. Instead they demanded that the Comair MEC get it changed. Let's not forget, they wanted a special exemption for DAL pilots. Comair's management policy has always been that ALL newhires resign their seniority at their prior employment.

Granted, the Comair MEC didn't do anything towards getting the policy changed, but that's a far cry from actively torpedoing the idea either. Seniority resignation is a pretty standard industry policy. There were plenty of other pilots furloughed at the time applying to Comair and the policy was applied consistently. Why did the Deltoids think they should be treated differently? Remember, according to them Comair and DAL were separate entities.

In retrospect could JC have been at least willing to broach the idea with Comair management? I guess. A little goodwill goes a long way. There has always been bad blood between some DAL pilots and some CMR pilots, but the legend that Comair pilots actively fought against the DAL furloughees is patently false.

Completely revisionist...... Karma is a Biatch......
ASA hired furloughs......
Eagle hired furloughs.....
Skywest hired furloughs.....
Even Mesa hired furloughs......
I'm sure more did, but ONLY COMAIR required resignation from a mainline list to work at the bottom of theirs. Well so be it, unfortunately for them, the affected guys were in their 30's, so the DAL will remember for at least another 30 years or so......

Latest resources

Back