• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair's New President/Other Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't believe the Delta propaganda machine is still pumping out that baseless crap about Comair not hiring Delta furloughs. That was a campaign to alter the blame and anger for the Delta furloughed pilots away from DALPA 5 years ago. Apparently some Delta pilot's still have that hook embedded in their cheek.

What about the letter put out by the Comair MEC. In this letter the union said that they felt there were significant safety issues with Comair hiring Delta pilots without a senority number resignation. Ok, fine! The letter went on to state that if Delta would ease or eliminate our scope clause that the safety issue would not be a factor and the Comair pilots would agree to Delta furloughs being hired without giving up their senority numbers. The Comaier pilots were trying their best to get more airplanes for themselves, and bigger and better paying airplanes for themselves at the expense of Delta pilots. This letter is a fact! What is the Comair pilot's thaughts on that issue!

What about the letter put out by the Comair MEC. In this letter the union said that they felt there were significant safety issues with Comair hiring Delta pilots without a senority number resignation. Ok, fine! The letter went on to state that if Delta would ease or eliminate our scope clause that the safety issue would not be a factor and the Comair pilots would agree to Delta furloughs being hired without giving up their senority numbers. The Comaier pilots were trying their best to get more airplanes for themselves, and bigger and better paying airplanes for themselves at the expense of Delta pilots. This letter is a fact! What is the Comair pilot's thaughts on that issue!

It's kind of hard to comment on a letter summarized by someone who is openly biased. If you want a real debate I suggest you post the letter.

Resigning one's seniority number is commonplace in the industry. Haviing two numbers poses some questions, should they be able to vote or hold elective office, for example.

The situation has been widely reported/distorted for years now but the bottom line was that furloughed Delta pilots were ultimately allowed to be hired without resigning thier seniority number. I'll repeat that, furloughed Delta pilots were hired and did not give up their Delta numbers. In fact, several furloughed Delta pilots went to the charter/fractional side of the company as well including a former Comair pilot.

These are facts that general and others seem to leave out.

Carry on, ladies.

Simply put, that letter you're referring to doesn't exist. Safety issues? Sounds more like what DALPA would tell it's pilots if it really wanted to get them riled up against someone other than themselves.

Your spelling leaves about as much to be desired as the validity of your "facts."

ASA hired furloughed Delta pilots....but the 900s aren't coming to ASA....DALPA doesn't give a d@mn about any of us....

Quit with the revisionist history and DALPA belly aching...

The only thing the CMR MEC was guilty of was not pandering to the DAL MEC....

If a mainline MEC wants help...there needs to be quids....No quids....Pound sand......

I can't believe the Delta propaganda machine is still pumping out that baseless crap about Comair not hiring Delta furloughs. That was a campaign to alter the blame and anger for the Delta furloughed pilots away from DALPA 5 years ago. Apparently some Delta pilot's still have that hook embedded in their cheek.

I'll try this again with fewer words. I was a Comair flt ops manager during this time period.

There was no conspiricy.

In 2002, it was an emotional decision within the staff because there were a lot of pilots (and good friends) that wanted to come back.

Due to the cost of training etc., the decision was made to maintain the existing rules about resigning the seniority number before they were hired.

Simple subject, simple answer.. I wasn't a decision maker in this process, but was there while the subject was at hand and I can tell you that it wasn't one they wanted to make but had to budget wise.

When Delta bought ASA and Comair they could have stapled those pilots to the bottom of Deltas seniority list. If they had, there would have been no Delta furloughs. The junior Delta pilots would have been flying left seat in 70 seat RJ's.

I could never understand at the time why any Delta pilot would object to having several thousand pilots stapled to the bottom of their seniority list.

ASA hired furloughed Delta pilots....but the 900s aren't coming to ASA....DALPA doesn't give a d@mn about any of us....

Quit with the revisionist history and DALPA belly aching...

The only thing the CMR MEC was guilty of was not pandering to the DAL MEC....

If a mainline MEC wants help...there needs to be quids....No quids....Pound sand......

Funny.....Half of all the civi guys in my new hire class were from ASA and none from Comair. I quess thats not what you want. Maybe DAL just keeps you there and give you smaller jets and pay instead.:rolleyes:

When Delta bought ASA and Comair they could have stapled those pilots to the bottom of Deltas seniority list. If they had, there would have been no Delta furloughs. The junior Delta pilots would have been flying left seat in 70 seat RJ's.

I could never understand at the time why any Delta pilot would object to having several thousand pilots stapled to the bottom of their seniority list.

I am hearing that the Delta MEC gets this and we may see something like start to play out very soon.

It would be a nice win-win for Delta Pilots and the wholly-owned carriers.

Latest resources

Back