Comair....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good thing we're spending so much time discussing wind checks and
the vast differences in perspective between mainline and RJ pilots, y'know, because obviously those are the two most pressing issues we face right now.

What was this thread about again? Comair will probably furlough more in the fall, and Delta might furlough too, but nobody knows definitively either way.

I'll save the wind check debate until next month, when a DAL jumpseat becomes the only viable option I have to get to work.

Perhaps they are just taking a more professional approach to their appearance, or just feel as if they are around more professional pilots. One thing about the typical Delta pilot, they are always trying to get or make themselves better people. No so at some places, where many have already peaked.

Keep trying.

You must mean guys like Michael William Ellicott. ..l.. Tool.

After carefull study it is apparent that 99% of FI post's are made by 2% of the FI population.

From what I have heard from some DAL guys, he will be furloughed soon himself.
They were saying that DAL might be furloughing up to 1,500 guys.

That is pure BS. We have heard we will be fat this Fall, but short again in the Spring and Summer next year. If they did furlough, though, we would also take some more seats out of your Comair CR9s (and other 76 seaters), and bump pilots out of Compass.

And as far as Comair goes, the pilots there are being targeted by DL most likely because of the strike. And I do feel for the junior guys there, but the senior guys all wanted more CR7s during our 9-11 furloughs, so they can all take it and enjoy it. Let's all hope for less total RJs, period. They have wrecked this industry and wages. With more than 1 billion people flying domestically starting in 2011, hopefully more mainline planes will take up the slack, and RJs will turn into beer cans. Then, all of you can interview at DL if you wanted and we started hiring, and we could weed out the dorks like CRJ567 and hobit.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Is that 2% figure considering all of the bogus screen names that General Lee comes up with?

Riiiiiiight. I don't need other names, I enjoy GL posts just fine. A lot of people agree with me though, which is obvious. Bye now.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Um, puff....

Does it even matter what the heck they "say" the wind readout is??? Doesn't a 'pilot' steer the airplane to the runway using things like ailerons, using whatever inputs it takes to bring the aircraft over the runway? And then doesn't that pilot align the aircraft along the centerline using their feet to move the rudder, using whatever inputs necessary? What does an arbitrary number matter? Do you guys calculate some formula that gives you the footpounds of tourque necessary to apply to the rudder to overcome the wind? No, I'm sure you simply steer with your hands and feet, same as a C152 pilot on his first solo flight.

I couldn't agree more. I take the atis, compute the approach speed, and do whatever it takes. At the same time, I don't sit around typing on my keyboard poking fun of guys who are predisposed to ask for a wind check. Nor do I come on here and poke fun of the countless times regional pilots miss calls in ATL. Frankly, they are as big of tools as they think the "wind check" guys are. In fact, they are bigger toold, because it takes longer to type wind check on here than it does to say it.

Nuff said on the subject.

Insecure much? Who said it was about you, sweetie?

As far as the missed calls go, that's not a company specific problem. You and I and everyone here knows that Delta on multiple occasions also misses calls as well as fumbles through hold short clearances (ground control loves it when you do that.. oh and also a safety issue). And as far as the FlightInfo thing, you're still here reading this right now and putting those super-important things off for another time I suppose.

It's not often I criticize anyone on here personally, but you my friend, by the things you say, are the epitome of doosh.

Musta hit close to home. Regional babies, like shootin fish in a barrel

I couldn't agree more. I take the atis, compute the approach speed, and do whatever it takes. At the same time, I don't sit around typing on my keyboard poking fun of guys who are predisposed to ask for a wind check. Nor do I come on here and poke fun of the countless times regional pilots miss calls in ATL. Frankly, they are as big of tools as they think the "wind check" guys are. In fact, they are bigger toold, because it takes longer to type wind check on here than it does to say it.

Nuff said on the subject.
Ok, since you're ruined a perfectly good furlough thread, let's talk about how big of a tool you are.
You used to fly for a regiona, like Peanuckle. You get hired by Mother Delta and all of the sudden you become the suprior airman. You make fun of the regional guys, even though, you ARE one....remeber your roots?
Then you come into the regional forum and fight with these regional pilots and their opinions. I thought your big 757 and big massive paycheck put you on a higher tier than these guy? No, instead the lower your standards to argue with the pond scum regional pilot.
We don't give two sh*ts what your routine is, when or where you grab atis and set your autothrottles. We don't look up to you nor do we think you're uber cool. Instead you sound like a dork.
Go fly your big bad 757 with autothrottle, don't forget ATIS and your windcheck. When your done, go to the hotel and finish one off infront of the mirror, because you're the only person who loves you.
WINDCHECK!!!!

That is pure BS. We have heard we will be fat this Fall, but short again in the Spring and Summer next year. If they did furlough, though, we would also take some more seats out of your Comair CR9s (and other 76 seaters), and bump pilots out of Compass.

And as far as Comair goes, the pilots there are being targeted by DL most likely because of the strike. And I do feel for the junior guys there, but the senior guys all wanted more CR7s during our 9-11 furloughs, so they can all take it and enjoy it. Let's all hope for less total RJs, period. They have wrecked this industry and wages. With more than 1 billion people flying domestically starting in 2011, hopefully more mainline planes will take up the slack, and RJs will turn into beer cans. Then, all of you can interview at DL if you wanted and we started hiring, and we could weed out the dorks like CRJ567 and hobit.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Unfortunately you guys were glad to give them and give them more...... Some of the blame comes from the mirror on that one, Lee.

Latest resources

Back