• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WayBack: Aren't the Comair and ASA guys flying their airplanes in the most fuel effeciant manner, to save Delta as much money possible? Isn't Delta shedding ASA and Comair?
So who says the same isn't for you?

No, they are not. Which is fine. At the same time, they are parading around here with their superior attitude that THEY do not have to call for wind checks. They don't ask how long final is--like it is some kind of badge of honor. It is not. I don't ask for wind checks unless it is severely gusty, and I don't ask how long the final is. I derive both from other sources. Also, I do not go parading around all over FI saying how every trip through Atlanta, there is some ASA or Comair flight that is constantly missing radio calls. True as it might be, and also a legitimate safety issue, I just have more important things to do with my time.

PS
I love the guys who go from a regional to Mother Delta. They get this ego about them that they are better than everyone else. When not too long ago, you were flying the same Barbie Jet.
I even know a former regional guy who had longer than average hair for a male pilot. Now he's at Delta and he has a flat top. Guess he's trying to blend in with the former Military pilots.

Perhaps they are just taking a more professional approach to their appearance, or just feel as if they are around more professional pilots. One thing about the typical Delta pilot, they are always trying to get or make themselves better people. No so at some places, where many have already peaked.

Keep trying.

Perhaps they are just taking a more professional approach to their appearance, or just feel as if they are around more professional pilots. One thing about the typical Delta pilot, they are always trying to get or make themselves better people. No so at some places, where many have already peaked.

Keep trying.

Wow, seriously? I have seen many professional airline crews out there, majors and regionals. The Delta guys in their double breasted suits walk as if they just brought in the Space Shuttle.

No, they are not. Which is fine.
Um that's not true. Our guys at Comair are using PPAS and has saved Delta quite a bit of dough on fuel savings! It makes our legs longer and the company has to pay the crews more but the cost savings out weigh the minor increase in employee pay.

YAWN. It's funny that regional pilots don't have anything better to do than make fun of Delta pilots computing appropriate approach speeds...something that <gasp> seemed to be a factor in a recent accident. Or else poking at somebody asking how long the final is so that <gasp again> they can plan the configuration of the 757 in order to get down with max fuel savings and maximum comfort for the passengers--something that the pilots of every Comair or ASA plane I've ridden on cannot seem to comprehend.

Typical petty, immature commentary from today's RJ pilots.

I say again..YAWN. Perhaps even a :bawling::bawling::bawling: is appropriate here.

Either way, I'll take our geekdom and the accompanying paycheck size over your studly POS RJ--and its paycheck size any day.

Ta.

Whatever dbag. We'll remember that next time you need a ride somewhere. Oh wait, I'll bet the the next time you walk up to the cockpit of one of our POS RJ's asking for a ride, you'll keep your trap shut. It's comical that SOME of you guys at the majors think your so much better than the lowly RJ guys. The only difference between you and us is timing. I've sat upfront MANY TIMES on mainline flights and have been shocked at what I've seen on more than one occasion with the lack of basic airmanship. Just because you fly a bigger airplane for a bigger pay check doesnt necessarily make you a better pilot.

I fly for a regional, and I ask for a wind check whenever I feel I need to, and what the heck is wrong with that? Sometimes the wind changes from what is on the ATIS. Sometimes the wind at 1000 ft. AGL is way different from what is on the ATIS and you want to make sure nothing has changed. Who cares, knowing what the wind is before you land is basic airmanship an every pilot's right. In fact, in ATL, the first thing the tower does before clearing you to land is give you the wind. You don't even have to ask most of the time. Maybe they think it's important information...

Or maybe they get tired of the Delta guys asking them all the time? :D

At least PuffDriver thinks highly of himself...bringing the total count to 1.

No, they are not. Which is fine. At the same time, they are parading around here with their superior attitude that THEY do not have to call for wind checks. They don't ask how long final is--like it is some kind of badge of honor. It is not. I don't ask for wind checks unless it is severely gusty, and I don't ask how long the final is. I derive both from other sources. Also, I do not go parading around all over FI saying how every trip through Atlanta, there is some ASA or Comair flight that is constantly missing radio calls. True as it might be, and also a legitimate safety issue, I just have more important things to do with my time.

Insecure much? Who said it was about you, sweetie?

As far as the missed calls go, that's not a company specific problem. You and I and everyone here knows that Delta on multiple occasions also misses calls as well as fumbles through hold short clearances (ground control loves it when you do that.. oh and also a safety issue). And as far as the FlightInfo thing, you're still here reading this right now and putting those super-important things off for another time I suppose.

It's not often I criticize anyone on here personally, but you my friend, by the things you say, are the epitome of doosh.

seriously...

OK.. I'll chime in... I am ASA guy and one that often disagrees with some things the Delta guys post on here, I can say that the fact that Delta guys ask for windchecks in no way effects my life, my money, my arrival time, my family, my dog or anything. If they want to ask for windchecks 3 times, who gives a sheeet.

OK.. I'll chime in... I am ASA guy and one that often disagrees with some things the Delta guys post on here, I can say that the fact that Delta guys ask for windchecks in no way effects my life, my money, my arrival time, my family, my dog or anything. If they want to ask for windchecks 3 times, who gives a sheeet.

Here's my take on wind checks.....do whatever the f&*k it takes to keep the airplane on the centerline. Unless it's a question of limitations....it's pretty irrelevant. Surface winds don't do me any good when I'm cleared to land 10 miles out at 3000 feet. Why as pilots do we always try and overcomplicate this crap? This job isn't that hard folks.

Latest resources

Back