• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh God! He said she said. Stop your be oching and bashing! For one who has revieved a furlough notice, then came close to a furlough a second time after being displaced twice- life sucks when your airline is downsizing-wishing my best for the Comair folks. But come on! Shut your pie holes and stop bashing one another! Enough said....cause I am sick of my complaining....sure not going to read yours anymore!...

peace all! good day

two weeks ago-

Delta: "wind check"

Tower: "wind calm"

You've never forgotten what the winds are before? Again...because of our bugging policy with a/t off.....

*reaches up to set bug*... "hey you remember what the winds are?"

"umm...nope, notta clue" ..." delta 1234, wind check please"

"winds calm"

"durr...welp...+5 it is."

We've all done it.

Additionally- I've gotta completely agree with what xjhawk said. The only reason I jumped on this thread is because of some low life speculating on 1500 furloughs that are "going to happen." I'm ~1300 from the bottom- that is someone taking pleasure out of me going on the street. Not cool.

That CVG rep is the only rep that I know if that is saying something like that- even the "militant" DTW guys aren't saying anything of the sort. I get largely the same data they get (I've got my inside track too- not as good as acl65- partly out of laziness- but our sources are about the same).

I got yet another email today reiterating that summer 2010 block hours are projected to be at least what they are this summer... probably around a 1% increase. We'll see. Most indications are the economy has bottomed and will enter recovery over the next 6 months or so. This is good news for us all... we all know the guys like crj567 that b!tch constantly down in ops, constantly on the flight deck, constantly on the boards. They are annoying to be around and largely incorrect- just trying to find a scapegoat for their own misery. That same type character is the one that "strangely" gets stuck and never moves on to a better place in their career. Don't be that guy.

I've got as much motivation as you guys for this crapstorm to turn around and get movement going in this industry.

More like...."Delta 123, winds 330 @ 12, Runway 27L, Cleared to land.

Roger....Delta 123, Cleared to land......Wind check!

Great memories there!

I've pulled that one too.... "what'd he say the winds were again?"

Having a 3 second memory sure does suck sometimes.

Just out of curiosity how do you bug ref speeds? If your +5 when the wind is calm I would think your no more than +10 on gusty days. IF thats the case you all are always asking for wind checks to determine wether you should bug +5 or +7 etc? Seems like a silly policy for a diference of 5kts.

Just out of curiosity how do you bug ref speeds? If your +5 when the wind is calm I would think your no more than +10 on gusty days. IF thats the case you all are always asking for wind checks to determine wether you should bug +5 or +7 etc? Seems like a silly policy for a diference of 5kts.

Max is bug +20.

A bit of thread creep here, but:

Additives are half steady headwind component plus all of gust factor. Minimum Vref additive is +5, maximum +20.

With autothrottles on to touchdown (autoland) its simply +5 (due to TMC protection).

The truth is neither Bendo or SB know what the staffing requirements are going to be for the fall yet. They are speculating. I don't think DL even has their plans figured out yet. And when they do, they are more than likely subject to revision at least 12 times as the environment changes going forward.

I love how some people are naive enough to think that a very large corporation doesn't have a plan. I'm pretty sure they have a really good plan of what they will be doing 3 months from now. Look how smooth this merge has gone so far. You think they did that taking things one month at a time swinging from the hip?

Delta: "How long is final"

Tower: " Sir when we have PRM approaches in progress u can exspect atleast a twenty mile final."

YAWN. It's funny that regional pilots don't have anything better to do than make fun of Delta pilots computing appropriate approach speeds...something that <gasp> seemed to be a factor in a recent accident. Or else poking at somebody asking how long the final is so that <gasp again> they can plan the configuration of the 757 in order to get down with max fuel savings and maximum comfort for the passengers--something that the pilots of every Comair or ASA plane I've ridden on cannot seem to comprehend.

Typical petty, immature commentary from today's RJ pilots.

I say again..YAWN. Perhaps even a :bawling::bawling::bawling: is appropriate here.

Either way, I'll take our geekdom and the accompanying paycheck size over your studly POS RJ--and its paycheck size any day.

Ta.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back