Comair vs. ACA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SKYWAYFO,

How dare you. Pulling this " i gave to your strike fund bs"...
\

We were the ones on strike you idiot. So you gave a little money, so what! We were the ones with our jobs on the line . We were the ones putting our careers on the line to raise the bar, while those at ACA were capitulating.

It really makes my stomach turn when I here as### holes like you trying to throw this in our faces, when we were sacrificeing more than you you ever dreamed about .. What an idiot.

AFELLOWAVIATOR said:
SKYWAYFO,

How dare you. Pulling this " i gave to your strike fund bs"...
\

We were the ones on strike you idiot. So you gave a little money, so what! We were the ones with our jobs on the line . We were the ones putting our careers on the line to raise the bar

And what did you get? ACA+1%?? wow.. what great strides! You guys really raised that bar BIG time!! lol...Not that im putting down anyone else at Comair. But i really hope the real "fellow aviators" at Comair put you in your place.

Last edited:
D@mn, guys

Keep in mind too that ACA was the first to negotiate, or should I say settle, that time period. It's easy to beat what someone else did (even if it was by 1%) once someone has already set the standard. Perhaps if CMR had settled first, ACA could have gotten a better contract.
Whatever the heck, they are both fine airlines and both have good pilot groups. I'm just holding my breath that the ACA version of AFELLOWAVIATOR does not find his way to this board....
I'm sure that most of the CMR pilots do not feel the rage this youngster has. Reminds me of JimboRealGoodPilot. Anyone else remember him? At least he was kidding.

Ok, the way it was explained to me, our ACA Delta Connection FRJ program fills Delta's need for a smaller than CRJ-sized jet aircraft. That makes sense, its not like airlines have only one type of aircraft.
Wheres the professional unity here? Not to sound like a tree hugger, but airline pilots have got to stick together, I think a lot of folks are sick of this pissing contest of "my airline is better than yours" put on by a couple of rotten apples, even if it does make for entertaining reading on the message board.
AFELLOWAVIATOR, I think your attitude really sucks, you should go find another hobby. Theres a whole world out there just waiting to be discovered.....

Pilot877 wrote:
our ACA Delta Connection FRJ program fills Delta's need for a smaller than CRJ-sized jet aircraft.

Oh my God, the secret is out! Stop the presses! The Dornier is a 32-seat airplane! And wait, what will Chautauqua (for the love of Mike, it's not that hard to spell) be flying down in MCO? 37-seat airplanes, you say? Why doesn't Comair fly these routes? [drum roll] They have 44, 50, and 70 seat CRJs. If we all try really hard, we can think back to when Comair had some weird-looking airplanes with props where the jet engines should have been. However, these strange-looking machines did not fit with management's desire to be an "all-jet" airline.

The most remarkable thing about AFELLOWAVIATOR (and there are quite a few remarkable things) is that he is bitter about other carriers "stealing" his company's jobs when Comair is growing like the proverbial weed. The markets that the other carriers are moving into are those that Comair management has voluntarily vacated. Make no mistake: ACA and Chautauqua are not growing at the expense of Comair, but rather at their bequest.

From the most recent ALPA Express Newsletter:
The answer lies in the pattern of successful higher contract
demands established by Atlantic Coast, Comair and Air Wisconsin.
and
President Woerth voiced his opinion that pilot groups needed a new strategy – one that didn’t depend on circling the wagons around certain flying and trying to keep other pilots out. Instead, with new business patterns that include “portfolios” of airlines, “branded” airline networks, and families of code-sharing partners, ALPA had to refine its thinking. He called for improving and protecting contract standards and flying for the whole “brand” and not just parts of it. This “system” view of scope and contract standards is consistent with the work of the Bilateral Scope Impact Committee (BSIC)....

Atlantic Coast and Comair mentioned in the same breath? In the ALPA newsletter? What's going on here? AFELLOWAVIATOR would have us believe that ACA pilots are nothing but a bunch of sellouts who would run over their mother to cross a picket line.

We interrupt this post to bring you an update on the reality of airline operations. ACA operates 30 Dornier 328s in the Delta Connection network right now as we sit. That, boys and girls, is a lot of lift. AFELLOWAVIATOR knows for a "fact," due to his high level contacts within the simulator, that this will not last. Someday, Delta is going to look under the couch cushions in the SkyMiles lounge and find 30 airplanes that they can put into service immediately. Then those bastards at ACA will get what they deserve for caving in to management! Hopefully all you bright kids can figure out why this won't work.

Now I'm just a poor ol' line pilot, but I like think back to all the wisdom I heard during training from various instructors. Don't know about the rest of y'all, but I always take whatever I hear from the training department with a healthy dose of salt.

Many pilots have worked for years to protect us from whipsawing at the hands of management. AFELLOWAVIATOR beats his chest in this forum as the greatest, most self-sacrificing union brother ever, and then he turns around and beats down another pilot group with absolutely no justification. He doesn't speak for ALPA (as evidenced above), and based on my experience with some fantastic guys at Comair, he doesn't speak for them either.

Pilot877,

I can appreciate what you said. Makes sense to me.

Contract carriers like ACA are used to divide and conquer pilot groups .
In our case, Delta. So they are resented. Fair? No, just fact.

Even worse are non union contract carriers, i.e. skywest. Again, is the resentment fair? No, but it is there just the same.

. Either they have there blinders on or are just in denial. They are not members of the Delta family of pilots, and we all look forward to the day they are gone, so the Delta code flying will be done by pilots within the company.

A proposal is being presented to the three MEC'S that if adopted, would require an acceleration of the process.

hey afellowaviator, you really make me laugh. thanks for the amusement. you sound like a fool. i sure most agree w/ me. i have friends that work for comair, great people, and the good thing is that most don't feel the way you do. i feel sorry for you.

Latest resources

Back