Comair Vote Results ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
atrdriver said:
I think that you need to realize that you were the last to negotiate a contract pre 9/11.
Eh, I think you are incorrect. Our contract (QX) was finalized on 9/6...
On a sidenote, if it wasn't for Comair getting such a good deal, I am quite certain our rates would not be as high as they are.
Our contract is up for renewal this year, and I'm confident management will try to cram all the hosejobs you guys have been getting down our throats. Crossing my fingers we'll do well...

spinproof said:
It's Official from VARS

704-For (50.57%)
688-Against(49.43%)

:puke:

Don't ever think your vote doesn't count!!!!

It's nice to see that 704 people get it. The other 688 should thank them.

D'Angelo said:
How about you worry about your own airline my friend. Everyone has the right to vote and the majority is spoken. What you wanna do now send some union thugs after all the yes voters? How about you go pound sand. No one cares what happens at ASA except the ones that work there. Everyone cares about themselves now. Its a mad mad mad mad world out there. Everyone for himself from here on out. No raising the bar no holding the line. Its a tough environment and its better to keep our jobs than start all over again.
I am worrying about my airline. What has happened to this "career", is that management has discovered people like you. I have not and will never "pay to play". Comair has proven they can hire the "right stuff" for their pilot vacancies, and Fred Buttray is cashing the check you signed, right about now. Ca-Ching! Enjoy Mesa, young buck. I'll take SkyWorst any day. See ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ILS2DH said:
Guess what. The only way to underbid the lowest bidder is to cut costs and apparently airline managers think the only way to do that is through pilot pay cuts.

It would appear that a slim majority of the Comair pilots agree.

D'Angelo said:
How about you worry about your own airline my friend. Everyone has the right to vote and the majority is spoken. What you wanna do now send some union thugs after all the yes voters? How about you go pound sand. No one cares what happens at ASA except the ones that work there. Everyone cares about themselves now. Its a mad mad mad mad world out there. Everyone for himself from here on out. No raising the bar no holding the line. Its a tough environment and its better to keep our jobs than start all over again.

Hey D'Angelo, are you gonna get your name tag changed to say "Buttrell's B*tch"? Cause your lady wants her well deserved vacation. You got any pants left in your I mean her house that she lets you live in.

GO AROUND said:
Hey D'Angelo, are you gonna get your name tag changed to say "Buttrell's B*tch"? Cause your lady wants her well deserved vacation. You got any pants left in your I mean her house that she lets you live in.

Portfolio Phred was puttin' the wood to D'Angelo a few weeks back. Phred pulled it out and gave D'Angelo the 'ol Dirty Sanchez.

D'Angelo has been smitten ever since.

what a sad day.................hey, but don't worry, they have to at least pay us min wage........what tools........hey, did any one give the folks on Mil leave a chance to vote, or does their vote not count? I'm curious as to the break down between captain and first officer...............Freddy, I would say he's the biggest tool of all.........a yes man........

mrnolmts said:
Eh, I think you are incorrect. Our contract (QX) was finalized on 9/6...
On a sidenote, if it wasn't for Comair getting such a good deal, I am quite certain our rates would not be as high as they are.
Our contract is up for renewal this year, and I'm confident management will try to cram all the hosejobs you guys have been getting down our throats. Crossing my fingers we'll do well...

Eh, I think it is both of you who are incorrect. Check out Air Wisconsin's Section 31.A from their pre-concessionary agreement.

This Agreement shall become effective on September 11, 2001, and continue in full force and effect until September 11, 2005, and shall renew itself without change until each succeeding September 11 thereafter, unless written notice of intended change is served in accordance with Section 6, Title I of the Railway Labor Act, as amended, by either party hereto at least ninety (90) but not more than one hundred and eighty (180) days prior to September 11, 2005, or any September thereafter.

RichO said:
what a sad day.................hey, but don't worry, they have to at least pay us min wage........what tools........hey, did any one give the folks on Mil leave a chance to vote, or does their vote not count? I'm curious as to the break down between captain and first officer...............Freddy, I would say he's the biggest tool of all.........a yes man........

If you are on Military Leave, you cannot vote since you aren't in a dues paying status (drill weekends notwithstanding of course).

-Neal

Otto said:
Isn't time ALPA started talking about flat rates, at least at the regional level? For example, regardless of the carrier, if you are a CRJ FO, you make $XX, if you're a CAPT, you make $XX. That's the only way to stop this madness. There's too much incentive to whipsaw when you're bidding on flying. My $.02 cent's.

Stay tuned...

...MEC Chairmen, NC Chairmen, and Captain Woerth, ALPA advisors from various small jet MEC's met on a conference call today as a follow-up to a previous conference call as well as multi-day small jet bargaining conference that occurred several months ago.

-Neal

Latest resources

Back