Comair union amenable to taking Delta pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
N813CA said:
First of all like posted earlier only 12 got hired at ASA and only 6 remain at ASA. Second, we all feel management does some piss poor decisions, just like anywhere else. INCLUDING DELTA. So why blame the pilot group. Last of all were where you during Comair's strike. Comair's pilots got more money from American than they did you to support them.
1. Source for the exact numbers of furloughs hired, please? In addition, tell the full story. An unspecified number of furloughs were hired prior to the hiring freeze (which lasted for two years while CMR expanded massively in ATL and elsewhere). More have been hired since the doors were re-opened for hiring as the tables turn and ASA begins expanding again.

2. MGMT does make piss poor decisions...agreed. The pilot group is not to blame for MGMT's decision not to hire furloughs. The pilot group IS to blame for not pushing their MEC to pass a supportive resolution regarding preferential hiring. My take (it isn't much) is that JC found out the DAL MEC may relax scope during concessions talks (mid summer). The resolution was passed to hire furloughs so CMR could partake in the aircraft handouts because of the required "furlough hire" clause.

Question for you: Since the "Furlough Hiring Resolution" passed your MEC, has CMR mgmt agreed to hire any furloughed guys? If so, this could have been done two or three years ago on good faith instead of when the golden carrot (airplanes) was seen dangling in the distance.

3. Not the strike thing again...it's old. Everyone was assesed a strike benefit and I am sure most paid it. So you went on strike....Big F-in deal. If going on strike for 90-days for some contract improvements makes me act like a pompus and anal retentive militant a-hole who hasn't taken a crap in two weeks, then I don't want it. Nobody owes you anything for going on strike, you got your ALPA strike assesment payments when you were walking, right? At the end of the strike you got your "industry leading" regional contract, right? What does it matter about who gave what. Maybe there are more ex-CMR guys at American who felt compelled to contribute more, who knows.

Just to refresh a few memories, the conversation regarding DAL furloughees at CMR went something like this:

Malone: How about supporting our guys getting hired?

Lawson: Good idea. While you are here let's talk about a few other things.

Malone: No way! This is the only thing we want to talk about. Agree to take our guys or we'll tell the world you wouldn't help.

Lawson: It's not our policy it's managements policy.

Malone: Nothing else is on the table. I demand that you formally and in writing support our furloughees.

Lawson: We do support them. Management is stopping them, not us.

Malone: Yeah, but I'm gonna telll the world it was you guys.

Lawson: Sorry, we don't do blackmail.

Malone: Fine, conversations over.

Last edited:
Caveman,

Again, Lawson wanted to "get something for helping our boys out." Bob Arnold from ASA didn't ask for anything, only Lawson. Lawson saw an opportunity to gain something when other people were hurting or distressed. Then every Comair guy here stated it was a "company policy that has been around since Moses. Can't change it, heck NO!" Then, out of nowhere, Lawson now says he supports changing the rule that could not be broken---the 11th Commandment "Thou Shalt Not help a Delta Furlough even though you are hiring 300 hour Wonders from Camp Comair." Truth hurts....don't it!

P38,

You really can't see that we have many pilots that really did need your help, or help from someone. A lot of these furloughs just gave up their military stints, or Capt jobs at even Comair, and in the end were pi$$ed that Comair couldn't even help out, when ASA could. That is the key here. Now, your boy Lawson wants to help out, and it is sooo transparent it is ridiculous. Well, since ASA helped out from the start, they will be treated well I am sure. Even Chataqua helped too. And, if Jetblue helped out, they will have a shot if they so chose. (Why?) The ones that will be high lighted will be the ones that DID NOT HELP. That just makes sense, doesn't it? If you want to make light of this situation and pretend that a bunch of our guys don't feel this way, then continue to.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Caveman,

1. Malone wasn't the DMEC at the time.

2. The CMR MEC is on record as supporting managements policy to exclude furloughed Delta pilots unless they resign their seniority number.

Them the facts.

PositiveRate said:
Hey Mikey boy, f*ck you right back. You need to find your happy place.

Hugs and kisses,

Current Position: Comair FO
PositiveRate
And this, ladies and gentlemen is why Comair/Delta pilots will never get along!

Keep spinning General, keep spinning. If you say it enough times maybe somebody will actually buy into your load of crap.

BTW, hows that extra flying coming? You guys still working OT while you got guys on the street? Truth hurts don't it?

Last edited:
FDJ2,

Sue me. I got the guys name wrong. It doesn't change the content of the conversation between your MEC and my MEC.

Caveman said:
Keep spinning General, keep spinning. If you say it enough times maybe somebody will actually buy into your load of crap.

BTW, hows that extra flying coming? You guys still working OT while you got guys on the street. Truth hurts don't it?
You know what hurts, is when a POS like you takes a cheap shot at others' misfortune! Keep laughing a-hole. Cuts are just a matter of time in your future.

Nobody's laughing at anything. GL, et al, are spreading their usual BS about what actually happened on the hiring deal. I'm calling him, and you, and anybody else on it. It's crap and you know it.

I've never said anything even remotely negative about your furloughees. I SUPPORT them being hired at CMR, but I'm not gonna let him or you or anybody else get on here and rant about the evil CMR pilots when you know it's a crock.

"You know what hurts, is when a POS like you takes a cheap shot at others' misfortune! Keep laughing a-hole. Cuts are just a matter of time in your future.
737"

"And this, ladies and gentlemen is why Comair/Delta pilots will never get along!
737"

Seems like the pot is calling the kettle black.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back