Comair union amenable to taking Delta pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heavy Set said:
Sadly, I think this is a very common view among Delta pilots right now. I have heard it from a number of my friends who fly there. Lawson has not won himself many friends in the DAL pilot camp.
You bet your @ss it is!

michael707767 said:
or any of the other regionals that have crapped all over the furloughed Delta pilots.

Meant to say that have NOT crapped all over our furloughed pilots.

And yes, thats how I really feel. F**K CMR, F**K lawson and ford. What come around goes around and when the time comes, myself and a lot of the Delta pilots are going to fight hard to keep any CMR pilots from being hired.

Pilcher is a mouthpiece for Randy and the boys. Notice how he changes the context of JC's quote by adding his own words in parenthesis:

"We actually sent the company a resolution (agreeing to allow Delta pilots to be hired first) this summer,"

""We actually sent the company a resolution this summer,"

The resolution didn't give our 'permission', it told the company that we supported the hiring of mainline pilots. It's COMPANY policy. Always has been. Nice try at the spin boys.

Last edited:
Seems like some at Comair have short memories. I remember way back when when the Delta MEC came to Comair and ASA and asked about the hiring of Delta furloughs, Bob Arnold said sure come on aboard, JC said, nope, we agree with management, they must resign thier seniority number. Now two years later looks like the Comair MEC finally got on board, little too late it seems.
I also remember JC saying that by not taking on Delta furloughs we were taking the moral high road. I never quite got that one myself. I always felt it was wrong we didnt support the hiring of Delta furloughs.

Caveman,

YOUR BOYS WERE ABOUT TWO AND 1/2 YEARS TOO LATE if they started stating that last Summer. THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE ACCOMODATING, SINCE ANY OF THE FURLOUGHS WOULD HAVE GONE TO THE BOTTOM OF YOUR LIST. TRY TO SPIN YOUR WAY OUT OF THAT! Even a little SUPPORT could have gone a long way. There was NONE of that from you guys. That is what will be remembered.

Bye Bye---General Lee

cl65capt said:
I also remember JC saying that by not taking on Delta furloughs we were taking the moral high road.

The moral high road????? WTF is he talking about??? Seems like he has alot of things @ssbackwards.

PositiveRate said:
Hey Mikey boy, f*ck you right back. You need to find your happy place.

Hugs and kisses,

PositiveRate
C'mon dude. We all know you are going to AWA and will be happy. However, you have to admit, Comair not taking DAL furloughees on the street while ASA was taking them in, regardless of whether it was a Comair "management" decision or an MEC decision, was a D!CK move... C'mon, the furloughee would have dropped to the bottom of the list and not impacted anyone working at Comair - why would that be such a problem to the pilots at the time???? The ASA guys didn't have a problem with it.

A Delta buddy of mine told me today that the pilot group has a long memory and I don't think the ASA guys will have a problem coming on board in the future. Sorry to say it, but that is the pervasive attitude - you scrub my back and I'll scrub yours................ When the furloughees were in need, ASA was very helpful and that will be a huge advantage for any ASA people who want to get on in a few years (most likely 2008-2009 or sooner if things really improve). By the way, Lawson's attitude was ridiculous during that period - we was anything BUT helpful or sympathetic to pilots on the street...

general, general, general...

>>>YOUR BOYS WERE ABOUT TWO AND 1/2 YEARS TOO LATE if they started stating that last Summer. THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE ACCOMODATING, SINCE ANY OF THE FURLOUGHS WOULD HAVE GONE TO THE BOTTOM OF YOUR LIST. TRY TO SPIN YOUR WAY OUT OF THAT! Even a little SUPPORT could have gone a long way. There was NONE of that from you guys. That is what will be remembered.

here you go again, jumping on the feel good bandwagon. i realize it makes you feel good to blame the Comair pilots for your furloughs. it also makes you feel good to glorify the ASA pilots, who sat on the sidelines and did nothing (yeah that's right) to help hire your furloughs. eventualy, because of management, they hired 12 in a 2 year period (6 stayed). but either way, it was management.

now, i realize it helps you gloss over the greater issue of Leo and his merry band of thieves (including and especialy the class of 2004 retirees) who made darned sure they milked their 3 years out of C2K, a post 9/11 contract that won't be seen again for generations, if ever, but those golden boys got theirs allright, and will retire as if none of this ever happened. everyone else's pension will be reduced though, won't it? and most of the furloughed pilots are still on the street, aren't they?

And 3 years later here you are, still getting your rocks off fantasizing about your infamous Comair pilot blackball at Delta, and how the ASA pilots will be remembered.

Funny though how you always forget the Jet Blue pilots. They also hired a lot of Delta furoughed pilots without seniority resignation, and continue to do so. I assume, since they too "stepped up to the plate" they will also "be remembered", right? Hmmmmm?

First of all like posted earlier only 12 got hired at ASA and only 6 remain at ASA. Second, we all feel management does some piss poor decisions, just like anywhere else. INCLUDING DELTA. So why blame the pilot group. Last of all were where you during Comair's strike. Comair's pilots got more money from American than they did you to support them.

Latest resources

Back