Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair to Vote on Growth in Exchange for PAY CUTS!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Perhaps it would be better to say there is language in the LOA which punishes the company financially if they wish to reduce fleet size/furlough. Calling it protection is probably a little strong but I certainly will feel more protected if we agree to this thing than if we don't.

If the company, in the future, wishes to reduce fleet size, they will have to revert to the higher pay rates. If this happens, look out, because paying more is an incentive to furlough more...

"If the company, in the future, wishes to reduce fleet size, they will have to revert to the higher pay rates."

I don't believe that is correct. I may be mistaken, but as I read the LOA the minimum fleet size will be a permanent part of the contract. Just like min days off or any other part of the contract. The snap back provisions only address the delivery schedule. Once the a/c are on property they are to remain in revenue service. There isn't any language I read that discusses 'what if' they reduce the min fleet size just like there isn't any language that adresses 'what if' they arbitrarily reduce the min days off. Educate me if I'm wrong because that's a huge difference in interpretation of how this will affect us.

Caveman said:
I don't believe that is correct. I may be mistaken, but as I read the LOA the minimum fleet size will be a permanent part of the contract. Just like min days off or any other part of the contract. The snap back provisions only address the delivery schedule. Once the a/c are on property they are to remain in revenue service. There isn't any language I read that discusses 'what if' they reduce the min fleet size just like there isn't any language that adresses 'what if' they arbitrarily reduce the min days off. Educate me if I'm wrong because that's a huge difference in interpretation of how this will affect us.

That is my interpretation, as well as what was presented in the roadshow I attended. Once an additional aircraft arrives, the minimum floor is raised.

I haven't been following things at Comair, so could someone explain this to me.

They want the pilot group to take a pay freeze in order to GUARENTEE growth? How many aircraft are we talking?

Why don't you tell them you will take a pay freeze but not untill AFTER you get the planes.

Space the concession out based on delivery's. Kinda of sticks it to managment to make good on the carrot.

Latest resources

Back