Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair to Vote on Growth in Exchange for PAY CUTS!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am a little sad over the strong path that the Comair Pilots had taken, and now regress from. Your F/A's who supported you during the strike will be wondering why you bothered their pay, some up to 6 mo with o work, just to take a freeze now. A 20% growth that helps the senior FO's and junior Capts only, and then puts you right back to this position, and puts pressure on the F/A's to take a freeze, in essence bending them over twice.

CHQ Pilots (2) that have crap a$$ attitudes on this post, it you EVER want to fly at AAI, give me your resume, I have a round bin to file it in for you. I don't want to fly with no brain, slack a$$ attitude punks like yourselves. Put your own house in order first, you have a ways to go to even be on par with Comair in wages and rules.

Last edited:
chperplt said:
Work rules aside, let's just look at pay why don't we.

I'm a second year CMR FO.. I make $37 an hour. IF this freeze takes effect, in 2007 I will become a 3rd year FO and get paid $38 an hour. My counterpart at CHQ currently makes $29 an hour (-8 bucks) now, and in 2007 at 4th year pay will make $34 bucks (-4 bucks).

So to recap.. I take a 2 year pay freeze and come out of it at year 3 longevity while you're now at year 4. (Following me??) I still make more money than you.

How pathetic is that?

That is pathetic, but a reason to vote yes in spite of it. At AWAC we were the first union group to vote yes, they put it to us for a vote inside of a month. They promised growth as long as all AWAC union groups took concessions, and if we would be the first, others would follow. We voted yes, then found out out company didn't even bid 70 seaters. The bankruptcy court approved us to continue operating but United didn't, because our lovely mechanics voted after the court said yes to us, and they voted NO. Now, we haven't grown one airplane over the orders we had in place before all this went down. United did permit us to transfer our 10 Airtran RJ's to UAX though. At the time we bent over Mesa was the only new UAX with the Dash-8's and by the next year United took on TSA and Chataqua as well. One thing we do have is a wage adjustment clause, and a good one. After what amounted to a 15% cut, no additional growth, and the displacement of ATL and DEN RJ pilots to ORD and IAD, our group is low. Chance of a yes vote to additional concessions: 10%. Even after all this (and I haven't even gotten started), the jury is still out on us, hopefully we'll hear from big blue this month.

So, chance of me being sympathetic to the best paid RJ pilots in industry for voting yes to a PAY FREEZE: 0%. These are the current market conditions putting pressure on y'all; just imagine how ComAir's position for growth will be if US AIR / Mesa and/or Indy parks their planes. I'm not into spreading misery guys but thanks for considering my 2 cents.

Peace.

Comair guys...I hope you are able to shoot down this pay freeze! The company is playing poker with you and are hoping you blink! Hang tough...you guys had the b@lls to call the companies bluff before and won! Don't let any of these bottom feeders upset your thought process, they are just pissed that they are happy to be working for "Modern Day Lorenzo's!" Yeah, remember that Sh!t Bag! Well here's Johnny! Keep the faith guys/gals...We stand behind you here at ASA!
Flapper128...you and your 1500+ hrs need to sit down and shut up! You have'nt been in this industry long enough to even wipe your nose! It's guys like you that were happy to cross the picket lines and work for Sh!t wages just to fly "Shinny New Airplanes" and look where Eastern is today! In the words of Fat [email protected] Your Bloody Cake Hole!!!

FLB717 said:
I am a little sad over the strong path that the Comair Pilots had taken, and now regress from

I really don't think the majority of CMR pilots are regressing at all.

I would stand to benefit greatly from this freeze in QOL, and I'm in no rush to vote yes.

I just don't like being told that we're a bunch of losers for listening to management. They have an idea.. let them share it with us and we can decide.

FLB717 said:
CHQ Pilots (2) that have crap a$$ attitudes on this post, it you EVER want to fly at AAI, give me your resume, I have a round bin to file it in for you. I don't want to fly with no brain, slack a$$ attitude punks like yourselves. Put your own house in order first, you have a ways to go to even be on par with Comair in wages and rules.

What are you doing replying to this?? Go ask a Delta Mainline F/O why he's furloughed and then come back and talk about putting QOL and personal well-being first...

As you can see, Anyone can blame Anyone in this industry...stop blaming everyone and stop stereotyping. In the end it's the biggest hypocritical waste of time and energy you could partake in.
Just go fly and then go home. Enjoy yourselves, stop bickering.

:rolleyes:

FLB717 said:
I am a little sad over the strong path that the Comair Pilots had taken, and now regress from. Your F/A's who supported you during the strike will be wondering why you bothered their pay, some up to 6 mo with o work, just to take a freeze now. A 20% growth that helps the senior FO's and junior Capts only, and then puts you right back to this position, and puts pressure on the F/A's to take a freeze, in essence bending them over twice.

The crappy attitudes on this post, are from the Comair guys who are getting called out. BUSTED. You say so in the first paragraph.

.....And by the way, to have an opportunity to work for ValuJet, I think I will pass. Talk about the need to put their house in order to be on par with the other LCC at least in wages and rules.

Delta's fleet plans are being discussed on another thread. Whether or not Comair pilots take a pay cut, Delta is going to put the airplanes where they want to. Delta can have Ford and Harrison work on getting ten 121 certificates if they want and ALPA will help them do it. They are all a bunch of alter ego loving portfolio of partner swapping opportunists.

Didn't the RFP teach you guys anything?

There is one thing for certain. Pay cuts will not buy you airplanes. CHQ will probably match, or undercut you, then perhaps you can undercut them, etc.... there is always Gulfstream and an RJ is a much easier airplane to fly than an E120.

As far as the E170 being operated at Connection - it is already being done, by CHQ / Republic. Comair does need to get the latest generation of equipment on the property, but form what I've seen - management has not put anything in writing saying that they have dibs on any E170's. In fact, management has said that they want to keep their options open to play Embraer and Bombardier against each other - just like they are playing us against each other.

I for one am tired of being played.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back