• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair..... to go or not to go

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had to resign from Comair this summer do to a pilot group that is willing to work for nothing. I joined comair after the strike and was completly happy. It was a good place to work. Unfortunately over 300 pilots have resigned in the last 10 months. Of those pilots over half were not the pay for training guys/ girls. That leaves alot of the spoiled aviation enthusiat types that are still there and will continue to work for nothing. I flew with many captains at Comair that paid to be airline pilots and will continue to bring the profession down. Go somewhere with integrity.

I had to resign from Comair this summer do to a pilot group that is willing to work for nothing. I joined comair after the strike and was completly happy. It was a good place to work. Unfortunately over 300 pilots have resigned in the last 10 months. Of those pilots over half were not the pay for training guys/ girls. That leaves alot of the spoiled aviation enthusiat types that are still there and will continue to work for nothing. I flew with many captains at Comair that paid to be airline pilots and will continue to bring the profession down. Go somewhere with integrity.

Im not saying I agree with the whole PFT theory, but you left because of the pilot groups willingness to take concessions?...thats exactly what theyre fighting right now...and it hasnt happened yet...and i dont quite see how working for the highest paid regional carrier in the country is considered working for nothing....but to each his own

Major Flamer!!!! Woohoo

I had to resign because I could not afford to work as a regional FO any longer. I was going on 4 years, my pay was $38.33 an hour as a professional airline pilot. Is it just me or is that a pathetic wage? I could not hang on any longer. As for DrProc, this is not flame. This is an honest answer for a guy that has asked about a career decision. I would like him to know what he is getting into.

I had to resign because I could not afford to work as a regional FO any longer. I was going on 4 years, my pay was $38.33 an hour as a professional airline pilot. Is it just me or is that a pathetic wage?
It's sad, but I think you were one of the best paid regional FO's out there. Now, on the other hand, if you were JFK based, I can see how that's not very livable. Hope you found something better.

I had to resign because I could not afford to work as a regional FO any longer. I was going on 4 years, my pay was $38.33 an hour as a professional airline pilot. Is it just me or is that a pathetic wage? I could not hang on any longer. As for DrProc, this is not flame. This is an honest answer for a guy that has asked about a career decision. I would like him to know what he is getting into.

Try working for $37.18 (3rd year, post freeze)! JFK really isn't that bad. Most people don't live there and by just showing up to work you gain 10-15 hours a month without even trying. The Northeast block time are way undervalued. ie: JFK-BOS is blocked at 1.1 and could be anywhere between 1.5 to 4.0 depending on the time of day and the weather. CVG reserve is up to 3 years while JFK is minimal (I think only new hires this month). Anyway take the interview and free training and it if doesn't sit right try something else. Cheers.

Last edited:
Hello-

I applied to Comair yesturday and heard back that they wanted me to come in and interview. I am somewhat concerned because of 2 reasons. 1) I heard back within 12 hours of applying (and my times aren't that great) and also because all this demand for pilot doesn't seem to be caused by an increase in flying... just more people are leaving.

Furthermore, I just was browsing the forums and saw that Manegment is trying to throw out the pilot contract in bankrouptcy court (ALPA is reporting this).

I guess my question is this. If I do indeed get offered a position with Comair, is it going to look like i'm willing to work for less? Also, would I even have a job in a year?

Thanks in advance,

Pilot

If you don't want to be here, we don't want you.

I was also emailed about attending an interivew. I plan on attending, and if offered, accepting the position. I was also offered an interview at eagle. Think I would rather be at comair. I would eventually like to be MCO based. Anyone know how many decades that would take?

I have two pieces of advice for you:

1. Take the interview.
2. Protect this glider house.

Helicuddles,
-Goose

Latest resources

Back