Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mesa to Comair??

I'm debating leaving Mesa for Comair...

I'm FO with 6mo senority, so I won't lose much, but not sure what to do. I know QOL will be 10x better..

I had to resign because I could not afford to work as a regional FO any longer. I was going on 4 years, my pay was $38.33 an hour as a professional airline pilot. Is it just me or is that a pathetic wage? I could not hang on any longer. As for DrProc, this is not flame. This is an honest answer for a guy that has asked about a career decision. I would like him to know what he is getting into.

You couldn't afford to live on $34497 base pay? Why not? I have lived on considerably less. It's all in the choices you make.

It may not be about what one earns, but what one is capable of earning elsewhere. If you continue to work for an employer who pays you less than what you can earn elsewhere, you're throwing away money.

I just saw a government statistic that showed the median income for a bachelor's-degree-holding employee at around $48,000 annually.

I just saw a government statistic that showed the median income for a bachelor's-degree-holding employee at around $48,000 annually.
And according to Forbes, we have a median income of over $120,000 a year. I don't know how many people really buy into that.

Congratulations, Riddle. Good luck in training if you decide to take the job.

Latest resources

Back