Comair pilots almost took wrong plane

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
747flyboy said:
Rushing just firms up the "Pliot Error" issue that much more, you never rush for anyone or for any reason. Better to be late than to kill 49 people.

Agreed, but again, you lack the credibility of someone with experience at the airlines. In an ideal world....

Yea, but comair pilots may feel threatened to rush so they may keep their flying from being taken away from a lower bidder....
:(

I'm done with CNN, Fox News, and the likes. I'm getting my news from PBS from now on. This is ridiculous.

kevdog said:
The pilots didn't follow the 10-9, didn't realize they turned onto the wrong runway, didn't notice the wrong runway numbers, didn't notice the wrong runway markings, didn't notice there wasn't any runway lighting, and killed a bunch of passengers. Must not have been their day if they knew what they were doing.

[SIZE=-1]31 October 1979; Western Airlines DC10-10; Mexico City, Mexico: The crew inadvertently landed on a closed runway parallel to the active runway. The aircraft struck a large vehicle and crashed. 63 of the 77 passengers and 9 of the 11 crew were killed.

Some DC-10 drivers don't have their days either.
[/SIZE]

kevdog said:
The pilots didn't follow the 10-9, didn't realize they turned onto the wrong runway, didn't notice the wrong runway numbers, didn't notice the wrong runway markings, didn't notice there wasn't any runway lighting, and killed a bunch of passengers. Must not have been their day if they knew what they were doing.

Hey genius boy...The 10-9 page that they had was NOT UPDATED for the new taxiways. Jepp had not released an updated page. So shouting out on here that they didn't follow their 10-9 page just makes you look like an idiot. Could they have caught their mistake? Probably, but it wouldn't have been from looking at their airport diagram.

ReportCanoa said:
Agreed, but again, you lack the credibility of someone with experience at the airlines. In an ideal world....
What does it matter where you flew? I've flown different aircraft all over the world for the past 10 years, including 2 years of Part 121 on the 747. My experience is not only from flying, its from being smart and laying down rules that won't be broken for anyone or anything.

Are you saying that in the commercial airlines its OK to rush? If so, I sure hope you're not a captain yet. If you are a captain I sure hope you have co-pilots with some balls that'll tell you to slow down or they won't be operating the aircraft with you.

Last edited:
kevdog said:
dang Kev, I actually agree with you on something. Forget the dang 10-9, they messed up so many basic things which led to this accident. Pilot error....100%.

You're a real class act, flyboy. And your signature tells all. And by the way, jerkoff, I am a Captain, so watch out!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back